Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
All you crackers who didn't like it never really understood the show. This cracker breaks it down for you

I get what this cac was saying….Look at dikkies clothing throughout the video…blue…blue sweater, blue tie at the funeral. Now look at Harold…red…red shirts, the shotgun scene…he IS the devil taking out the saints. The symbolism is brilliant.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
These CaC women all look alike to me, but I’m pretty sure that was the wife at the party, not the mistress. The mistress has a mole on her chin. The wife does not. The woman holding baby Chris at the party did not have a mole on her chin.
Yeah that’s the thing, the wife and the goomah looked just alike

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
It’s okay breh. You’ll get a lot more daps with that narrative in TLR.

:mjpls:
Naw you wanted to see some gangster shyt and when the movie showed you what really happened during that time you couldn't handle it.
Movie fully explores tony origins and answers many questions about him.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This one was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Even without The Sopranos connection or comparison, it's a D list mob movie. Just indefensible. David Chase didn't care about The Sopranos, I don't know why he made the movie, but it wasn't to make a deserving tribute to the show.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Right!! Harold was a bad ass character. But not for a fukking sopranos movie that already had long established characters and storylines. I don’t remember a Harold ever being mentioned on the show. :snoop:
I feel like it was shoehorned in to jump on the success that all-black are black-emphasized casts have had on the box office over the last 5 years. At least dudes got some reps in out of it

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This one was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Even without The Sopranos connection or comparison, it's a D list mob movie. Just indefensible. David Chase didn't care about The Sopranos, I don't know why he made the movie, but it wasn't to make a deserving tribute to the show.
I feel like he trolled us on purpose to showcase how much he didn’t care.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
:mjpls:
Naw you wanted to see some gangster shyt and when the movie showed you what really happened during that time you couldn't handle it.
Movie fully explores tony origins and answers many questions about him.
Nah, they turned it into a D List action/mob film. We wanted to see gangster shyt in context to a prequel that already had established storylines and timelines. Why the hell did they make Silvio Dante an old man? In the 60s and 70s? He was wearing a tupe, when it was already established he wasn’t that much older than Tony. That’s just bad, man.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I get what this cac was saying….Look at dikkies clothing throughout the video…blue…blue sweater, blue tie at the funeral. Now look at Harold…red…red shirts, the shotgun scene…he IS the devil taking out the saints. The symbolism is brilliant.
The symbolism is corny. I mean, this is the kinda angle they’re running with? That kinda goes against the whole “pro-black” angle brehs in here are trying to run with. Even then, the saints keep on marching as Tony ends up becoming a successful monster anyways. Hell, what would that make uncle June since he’s the one who took out dikkie anyways. A saint or a sinner?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Nah, they turned it into a D List action/mob film. We wanted to see gangster shyt in context to a prequel that already had established storylines and timelines. Why the hell did they make Silvio Dante an old man? In the 60s and 70s? He was wearing a tupe, when it was already established he wasn’t that much older than Tony. That’s just bad, man.

Your grip is about Silvio rocking g a rug when most men start going bald at 25
:mjlol:

You learn why tony becomes a gangster
You find out chris father was not a drug addict but it was rumor started by tony mother just a evil bytch
You find out why tony had a fantasy about an Italian chick.
Just tons of backstory.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Your grip is about Silvio rocking g a rug when most men start going bald at 25
:mjlol:

You learn why tony becomes a gangster
You find out chris father was not a drug addict but it was rumor started by tony mother just a evil bytch
You find out why tony had a fantasy about an Italian chick.
Just tons of backstory.
None of that makes up for the other storyline and timeline mistakes throughout. Even with Tony, they turned him into some akward lemming. You’d think dikkie and Tony would’ve been closer, since Tony describes him as being “to Tony what Tony is to Chris”. It should’ve been a mini series to showcase Tony’s descent into that world. No Feech LaMana card game, none of the key elements and other characters who were supposed to be around at that time. Why the hell was there a Frank Lucas sighting? :mjlol:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The symbolism is corny. I mean, this is the kinda angle they’re running with? That kinda goes against the whole “pro-black” angle brehs in here are trying to run with. Even then, the saints keep on marching as Tony ends up becoming a successful monster anyways. Hell, what would that make uncle June since he’s the one who took out dikkie anyways. A saint or a sinner?
He was still the central villain of the story and wore red throughout the film, thus the allegory with the devil still holds merit.

And they can’t cram 6 years of Sopranos into a 2 hour prequel film, especially with the introduction of Harold who had a lot of screen time. It needed to be a series and Tony was far too young.