Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
its obvious this isnt a sorpranos movie and david chase just took a script that he wanted to make and try to make it seem like a sorpranos movie because he didnt want to make a sorpranos movie he wanted to make something else. nothing about this was a sorpanos movie except for the character names.
This just isn’t accurate. Chase wanted to make a sopranos prequel and picked dikkie To base it all on.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Call me a dumb ass but I felt the core plot of this movie was hard to follow and I never felt like I cared going through it. Call backs to the show were nice but that can’t carry a movie. I have no idea why Harold and his crew were in this movie and why they were a value-added addition.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I believe Harold "smashed and dashed" (offscreen....perhaps they didn't have any production time to include it), so as payback she "confessed" to dikkie in hopes that he'd respond by killing Harold.

However, her plan backfired.

LMAO

ITS AMAZING HOW PPL LITERALLY
MAKE shyt UP TO COPE
WITH shytTY WRITING.

:devil:
:evil:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
LMAO

ITS AMAZING HOW PPL LITERALLY
MAKE shyt UP TO COPE
WITH shytTY WRITING.

:devil:
:evil:
It's open to interpretation.

Had this been a mini-series, this particular plot may have been more fleshed out.

I'm not "making shyt it up"

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night

First 10 minutes and he's totally shytting on this movie. :mjlol:

Its funny how all those mafia wops, including this scumbag, are conservative republicans. I get it because of how religious and racist they are, but still.
Him, Carmellas priest, the cop who tickets Tony then won't take a bribe after, and the preacher/ww2 vet were the only Negros in that entire series who were respectable.
Meadows Black Jewish boyfriend is a pretentious dikk head, he doesn't count.

You forgot Vondie Curtis-Hall's character who was involved in the HUD scam, and Michael K. Williams' and his daughters character where all respectable. Also the preachers father who Tony meets first. Then theres the doctor that they kidnapped to convince Chrissy that Adriana didn't give Tony head! So when you add those up, there are actually way more positive portrayals of black characters on the Sopranos than negative ones :ohhh::gladbron::whoo:

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA

First 10 minutes and he's totally shytting on this movie. :mjlol:

He's particularly upset about Johnny Soprano getting worked up about a Black family moving onto the block. He didn't think it was realistic for that to be the first thing on his mind after being released from prison.
His opinion, but 60s and 70s White folk in those ethnic enclaves did NOT play about Black folk moving into the neighborhood. They went HARD at those Black families and engaged in all manner of violence and intimidation to force them to leave.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
He's particularly upset about Johnny Soprano getting worked up about a Black family moving onto the block. He didn't think it was realistic for that to be the first thing on his mind after being released from prison.
His opinion, but 60s and 70s White folk in those ethnic enclaves did NOT play about Black folk moving into the neighborhood. They went HARD at those Black families and engaged in all manner of violence and intimidation to force them to leave.

I've seen his full review on the movie and he's in denial about the racism that is KNOWN amongst Italians. Why does he think all those anti black slurs are so common if the racism wasn't there? Plus I find it odd that he calls this movie out on that but still gives great reviews to other movies and shows with anti black racism, including The Sopranos which he loves. He seems cool from what I've seen of him, but he needs to realise that just because he's not necessarily a racist doesn't mean all his other mob peers weren't.

And it's well known the reactions black people get when moving into predominantly white areas....the bullshyt still happens to this day, let alone back in the 60s and 70s.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Finally saw the movie.

overall I liked it. It felt like a 2 hour premiere for a new sopranos show. Most of the actors were good. I didn’t expect the movie to be to great but it was a nice flashback.

A few things I didn’t like.

Didn’t Chris always say his dad was a junkie. Besides him drinking all the time I didn’t really see any heroin or drug use from dikkie.

The way Tony talked about dikkie on the show I thought they’d be a little closer together. Like committing crimes and stuff. It seemed like dikkie was a father figure to Tony for a few years and that was it. I thought they’d be a lot, closer the way Tony was with Chris.

it’s been a while since I watched the whole show but was Junior always such a buffoon?

my biggest pet peeve is Tony was such a p*ssy in this movie. Nothing he did indicated he’d grow up to be the head of a crime family. Maybe they’re trying to make it like a Godfather story where Tony is like Michael Corleone but I just didn’t like it. No offense but his son looked too soft to be Tony Soprano. He actually acted exactly like Tony’s bytchass kid. Was that some inception stuff like James Gandolfinis kid acted like a brat on the set so they made Tony’s son act like that, then they make the actual son play a little brat in the movie. Like when Chris made that horror movie about Tony?……i need to put this drink down. Lol

That Penelope Cruz chick was fine but dikkie shoulda known she was a slut from the start when she came on to him.

also for all the credit dikkie gets for having chicks this dude killed his father over a bytch :mjlol:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Call me a dumb ass but I felt the core plot of this movie was hard to follow and I never felt like I cared going through it. Call backs to the show were nice but that can’t carry a movie. I have no idea why Harold and his crew were in this movie and why they were a value-added addition.
Right!! Harold was a bad ass character. But not for a fukking sopranos movie that already had long established characters and storylines. I don’t remember a Harold ever being mentioned on the show. :snoop: