Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Take all of this with a pinch of salt, according to HBO and HBO Max Chief Content Officer Casey Bloys.

“I don’t think David has any interest in doing anything more with The Sopranos. The Sopranos is a terrific and classic show. I don’t think there’s any reason to open that back up. I think maybe the Superbowl ad… was an indication that someone’s going back. As far as I know, I don’t think he has any plans to do that,” said Bloys.

“In terms of The Many Saints of Newark, I’m not exactly sure if they’re thinking [about] another movie… I really don’t know what he’s thinking but one thing I can say is I just don’t think anything with The Sopranos family is on the cards.”

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
So, finally watched this after binging Sopranos. I tend to not read or watch much info about shows/movies, so the story was unknown to me. I felt letdown, but maybe because I thought it was gonna focus solely on Tony's rise into the mob. This is basically flashback scenes with him living around the mob life; shyt, they even filmed the carnival scene again. This was a dikkie Moltisanti movie. :ld:

-The callbacks were great. Cracked up when Junior mentioned Tony not being a varsity player. :heh:

-The dudes who played Silvio and Junior were great. I didn't even recognize homie from House of Cards was Junior. I love Vera Famiga and she was solid as Livia, but I was hoping for more. Wasn't really feeling Bernthal as Johnny Boy. I actually preferred the OG Johnny Boy (R.I.P.). :manny:

-Dude who played dikkie was good. Lil' Tony Gandolfini wasn't memorable.

-Was the fat dude who got his head blasted off p*ssy's dad? :dwillhuh:

-Was surprised there was a strong supporting black character. The series rarely focused on black people. Honestly, the movie shoulda just kept eyes on the DiMeo crew. At the end of the movie Harold felt pointless. :ld:

-The twist on dikkie's death was unexpected, but I knew the story Tony tells Chris about the cop was :patrice:. I just wasn't expecting it to be over a petty reason and who ordered it. :francis:

If Chase has no intention on doing more, I feel like this was made for nothing. A trilogy can be done, especially after the ending. It would have worked better as a mini-series.

Last edited:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
So, finally watched this after binging Sopranos. I tend to not read or watch much info about shows/movies, so the story was unknown to me. I felt letdown, but maybe because I thought it was gonna focus solely on Tony's rise into the mob. This is basically flashback scenes with him living around the mob life; shyt, they even filmed the carnival scene again. This was a dikkie Moltisanti movie. :ld:

-The callbacks were great. Cracked up when Junior mentioned Tony not being a varsity player. :heh:

-The dudes who played Silvio and Junior were great. I didn't even recognize homie from House of Cards was Junior. I love Vera Famiga and she was solid as Livia, but I was hoping for more. Wasn't really feeling Bernthal as Johnny Boy. I actually preferred the OG Johnny Boy (R.I.P.). :manny:

-Dude who played dikkie was good. Lil' Tony Gandolfini wasn't memorable.

-Was the fat dude who got his head blasted off p*ssy's dad? :dwillhuh:

-Was surprised there was a strong supporting black character. The series rarely focused on black people. Honestly, the movie shoulda just kept eyes on the DiMeo crew. At the end of the movie Harold felt pointless. :ld:

-The twist on dikkie's death was unexpected, but I knew the story Tony tells Chris about the cop was :patrice:. I just wasn't expecting it to be over a petty reason and who ordered it. :francis:

If Chase has no intention on doing more, I feel like this was made for nothing. A trilogy can be done, especially after the ending. It would have worked better as a mini-series.
Best part of the movie to me, it was so in character for junior.
He didn't become a petty, insecure, spiteful and vengeful man in his old age.....

He was ALWAYS like that.
Over laughing at him?, Mocking him? Publicly?! Oh yes, Junior will have you done up for that shyt.
If Junior had his way it wouldn't have been a mock execution, Christopher would've gotten killed right along with JT for stealing from Junior and blowing him off like he wasn't shyt to be scared of

The movie puts his relationship with Christopher In a much more sinister place, that Mr Magoo shyt ain't so harmless now that we know why Junior killed dikkie, and about dikkie, dude was a fukking impulsive and reckless dog who was a liability in every sense of the word.....kinda like his son.

Which makes Juniors constant urging Tony to kill the lil mf all the more horrifying...and insightful
He knows because he knows.
He's seen Chrissy before In his pops and even back then didn't like what he saw.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Junior killed dikkie, and about dikkie, dude was a fukking impulsive and reckless dog who was a liability in every sense of the word.....kinda like his son.

Which makes Juniors constant urging Tony to kill the lil mf all the more horrifying...and insightful
He knows because he knows.
He's seen Chrissy before In his pops and even back then didn't like what he saw.

Junior didnt see shyt in dikkie... he didnt know dikkie killed his father and his stepmother...
He just killed him because he disrespected him.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Junior didnt see shyt in dikkie... he didnt know dikkie killed his father and his stepmother...
He just killed him because he disrespected him.

Didn’t junior have someone killed in the sopranos because maybe they would make a joke about him in the future

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
great movie…when the music came on at the end :banderas:

dude son was decent enough in his role but after seeing him in multiple shows/movies I have to question if he’s mildly slow…he literally plays the same dopey character every time

anyway aside from that the casting was great…tempted to do a sopranos rewatch after this…it might be too soon tho…I think I marathoned it a couple years ago so it’s still fresh on my mind

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I felt letdown, but maybe because I thought it was gonna focus solely on Tony's rise into the mob.

that would make for a great movie too with different casting for tony soprano…once I saw dude son was gonna be in it tho I wasn’t sure it was gonna go that route…definitely doesn’t have the acting chops to carry a movie and in such a sinister role at that…I like the focus on dikkie moltisanti and the actor was great

OT but I have no idea why that bytch said anything at that point…I don’t wanna hear “guilt” cuz she was clearly a whore…but I guess the motivation was she wanted to get it off her chest and start fresh with dikkie…don’t know how she expected it to turn out lol smh