Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The irony of dikkie killing his father over beating up his mom and stepmother only for him to kill his mistress went over my head till now lol.

I was a bit disappointed in the movies storyline. I originally thought the mob was involved in the Newark riots and Chase wanted to tell how it went down but what occurred had no impact on the mob business. I wished they had fleshed out Livia and Johnny more.

The impact was that it was a cover for mob activity, i.e. "Guess who gets blamed for THIS!" :pacspit:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Will need to watch this again but what really didn't make sense to me:

dikkie killing his dad for beating his own wife seemed ridiculous, especially for the time period. Wasn't it the norm for dudes to put hands on their wives back then? Yes, he had feelings for her and resentment at being hit as a child but really, to kill your own father for that was ridiculous. I would understand if maybe Hollywood dikk had put her in the hospital or something. Not just kicking her down the steps.

dikkie taking in his former step-mother as a goomah and taking her out on group dates with the other goons :mindblown:. I mean I know these guy's are all scumbags and sociopaths but surely even for them that shyt would have been seen as scandalous. Your father's wife? :mjtf:.

The goomah openly telling dikkie she slept with a black dude and thinking everything would be good. Wtf? There should have been a more realistic way for him to find out (maybe Harold gloating to him or something.)

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Artie is the kid he runs the number with at school, robs the ice cream truck with and he beats up after he calls him a jerkoff.
Artie was looking like a mob member in the making weird how he turns into some square p*ssy.
This is a callback to Tony's dream where he speaks to his highschool coach who says he is dissapointed at the path Tony took and also says "You all listened to that pissmire Arthur Bucco (sp?). He was the worst of the bunch!"

Edit: Video. Timestamped @ 1:49 for the dialogue

Last edited:

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps

The movie was Ass as a stand alone movie. Compare it with the Clasic that the show was? It's the All Female remake of Ghostbusters bad.

The only redeeming quality? Christophers grandma/step mom.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Penelope Cruz telling dikkie she fukked Harold then gets choked to death.

Adriana tells Chris about the FBI then almost chokes her to death.
I believe Harold "smashed and dashed" (offscreen....perhaps they didn't have any production time to include it), so as payback she "confessed" to dikkie in hopes that he'd respond by killing Harold.

However, her plan backfired.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Will need to watch this again but what really didn't make sense to me:

dikkie killing his dad for beating his own wife seemed ridiculous, especially for the time period. Wasn't it the norm for dudes to put hands on their wives back then? Yes, he had feelings for her and resentment at being hit as a child but really, to kill your own father for that was ridiculous. I would understand if maybe Hollywood dikk had put her in the hospital or something. Not just kicking her down the steps.

dikkie taking in his former step-mother as a goomah and taking her out on group dates with the other goons :mindblown:. I mean I know these guy's are all scumbags and sociopaths but surely even for them that shyt would have been seen as scandalous. Your father's wife? :mjtf:.

The goomah openly telling dikkie she slept with a black dude and thinking everything would be good. Wtf? There should have been a more realistic way for him to find out (maybe Harold gloating to him or something.)
He didn’t mean to kill his dad tho it just happened. I enjoyed this and the context it added to the sopranos. Tony acted exactly like dikkie, Carmella was a lot like his mom etc. it ends abruptly for sure and could’ve been fleshed out a lot more but this is all we’re getting.