Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
i don't even really know or care what this movie was ultimately about, but i liked being back in this world. the young versions of most of our dudes were comical though. fukkin Jun is a maniac.

sidenote - years ago i got a wrong number voicemail on my phone from an italian sounding dude that just said, "Frank, it's me. It's done. Call me." and to this day i wish i somehow saved it b/c it was like 87% a hit.

LMFAO

U GOT PRANKED FOO

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
1.jpg
yiX9uOJ.jpg

full

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
its obvious this isnt a sorpranos movie and david chase just took a script that he wanted to make and try to make it seem like a sorpranos movie because he didnt want to make a sorpranos movie he wanted to make something else. nothing about this was a sorpanos movie except for the character names.

I'm not a major Sopranos expert, but I disagree.
Even I could see the parallels between this story and the Sopranos series. dikkie was Tony's idol and mentor, and in trying to be like him Tony went on to repeat some of the same behavior when he grew up. Its the beginning of a cycle.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY GOOD

FEELS LIKE MOST WHO DIDNT LIKE IT WERE EXPECTING ANOTHER SOPRANOS STYLE PIECE, WHICH CONSIDERING THIS WAS A MOVIE, U CANT EXPECT THE SAME KIND OF CINEMATOGRAPHY

AS A FILM, THIS CAME THROUGH

I DO AGREE THAT THEY COULDA DID MORE WIT AN HBO SERIES, BUT THIS WAS STILL EFFECTIVE

THE WAY IT ENDED, IT DEFINITELY LEAVES ROOM FOR A SEQUEL OR EVEN A SERIES.. IF THEY WANA DO MORE MOVIES, I THINK A STAR WARS STYLE EPISODE 1 2 & 3 COULD BE CLASSIC

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
shyt kind of hard to get thru. Made it through half so far. Gotta come back to it. Getting them El Camino/Breaking Bad vibes even tho most people think El Camino was great for some strange reason.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
dikkie was killed because Jr never had the makings of a varsity athlete. He was bytch made and jealous of dikkie. Also easily manipulated by Tony's mom...

people want to ignore all what the show showed us about Junior is here in this movie.

People asking why would Junior kill dikkie after a couple of incidents of embarrassments like in S1, he wasn't trying to kill Tony cause he thought him and the other capos were making a fool out of him and take power from him. Junior states several times how important his image and respect are to him, killing dikkie is on brand

bewitched

Pro
Daps
The irony of dikkie killing his father over beating up his mom and stepmother only for him to kill his mistress went over my head till now lol.

I was a bit disappointed in the movies storyline. I originally thought the mob was involved in the Newark riots and Chase wanted to tell how it went down but what occurred had no impact on the mob business. I wished they had fleshed out Livia and Johnny more.

YAYU

MARIJUAY0
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This was dope if you're a fan of the Sopranos, which I am. Its my GOAT show and I'm from NJ so I'm clearly biased here. I just loved seeing the younger characters like Junior, Sil, Paulie and p*ssy. Obviously Tony and damn Vera killed the Olivia role.

All the Easter eggs and gems for the fans was dope.
Ray Liotta was great to see but damn he old now :mjcry:

Whoever said this should have been like an HBO limited series vs a movie was SPOT on. I need more of this :feedme:

THIS, VERBATIM. i enjoyed it. 9.5/10

def wish it was a series instead.

Oh and I was surprised at how honest they were about the racism. In addition to the Italians being racist as fukk, they showed dikkie riding around with his dead father getting stopped by bunch of National guardsmen and they don’t bat an eye.

That white privilege is something else. :wow:

yo for real!

Little Italian broad dikkie drowned was cute as hell.

yeah, she reminded me of a classic bond girl. cant wait for 007 tuesday