Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I guess dikkie lies to her and tells her he found a child they can adopt? I mean why else would he bring it up? And how else would they have a kid if Joanne can't get pregnant? I think it was intentional in the casting for Guissepina to have the same thick eyebrows and long nose that Chris has
That's 90% of the Italian population

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Looking back on how angry Johnny Boy got mad at Junior for letting well respected african-americans move in on the same street as his house no wonder grown up Tony was racist as hell... Johnny Boy got his son having panic attacks just by seeing a black man named Uncle Ben in his household
tony-tonysoprano.gif

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Just watched and I’m a sopranos Stan. I felt it was good in some areas and but lacking in others. For the one the age difference between tony and his future crew.

The actor had Silvios mannerisms down pact. And Paulies character was very unlikeable portrayed in this.

James Gandofini did a great job as tony but he was always seeing stuff he shouldn’t have, and he was always curious about the mob life before he knew what it was.

In the end, it left more wiggle room and space for another prequel movie or even a series..

Also juniors “varsity athlete line”:russ:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Looking back on how angry Johnny Boy got mad at Junior for letting well respected african-americans move in on the same street as his house no wonder grown up Tony was racist as hell... Johnny Boy got his son having panic attacks just by seeing a black man named Uncle Ben in his household
tony-tonysoprano.gif

fortunately for Tony, he won't pass out now looking at Uncle Ben's rice since the remove the man :mjlol:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Watching the movie felt like I was drunk. It was entertaining but some stuff moved around too fast and got lost. I agree that a series would have been better.

Am I crazy or wasn't this supposed to be a prequel a out what happened? In Atlantic City when they were young? I've watched The Soprs once a few years ago and forgot a lot of things.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I also like that the movie attempted to right the wrong of how black people were portrayed in The Sopranos. Harold was resentful & plotting. He became a huge problem for their crew. Had the beef continued on he would have eventually died but he made his impression

Young Sil was great

The character Bokeem Woodbine portrayed was good, a level-headed calculating businessman. He was a mogul who sought to get musical reparations from Hesh. Woodbine's character took on the Italian Mob and a Jewish gangster and ended up taking them to court (whereas they expected him to get violent), with a good chance of achieving victory.

I always wondered if he slept with Adrianna.

Daps
The character Bokeem Woodbine portrayed was good, a level-headed calculating businessman. He was a mogul who sought to get musical reparations from Hesh. Woodbine's character took on the Italian Mob and a Jewish gangster and ended up taking them to court (whereas they expected him to get violent), with a good chance of achieving victory.

I always wondered if he slept with Adrianna.

BW, Charles S Dutton & Homie’s father from the construction site fiasco was like it. Everybody else was bafooning pretty much

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
In the end, Harold is next to the same house that Willie's body was discovered in.

I didn't like this due to the fact the dark humor was missing. In the OG series, Johnny Boy got busted and was out in a few hours, not a 4 year bid, also Ralphie, Silvio, Jackie Aprile, Puss, and Tony were all the same age roughly but this had Sil be at least 15 years older than Tony.

Harold was on another level, had them wops shook, but sad they had to do young bull that way....

Felt disjointed and overall unnecessary as Tony proves he is an irredeemable character in the OG show and a prequel is irrelevant as his ultimate end is dead or in prison....
He could easily have his own series and they could flesh it out. The actor who portrayed him has the chops to pull it off and keep it interesting. I'd recommend having some Black production members be involved though. :mjpls:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I gotta watch it again it was great but seeing as tho I only saw the Entire Sopranos series only once, I got a bit confused. Like if they made a Wire prequel with Stringer and Avon coming up I couldn't get lost cause I've rewatched the entire series 4-5 times same with Breaking Bad. But it was still good tho.