Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
My nikka Johnny Sac In This? :lupe:

nope…

no Richie, no ralphie, about 30 seconds of Jackie Aprile. No Tony and co robbing feech’s card game…no scene of Richie obtaining the jackeeeet

and why was Sil like 15 years older than Tony lol?

tbh the only thing that made this movie a sopranos story was that the characters were characters from the show. Could’ve easily made up new names and no one would’ve connected it to the sopranos imho

this was like GF3 if the series is GF1 & 2. Just doesn’t fit. Felt rushed, disjointed plot lines…

dikkie was an interesting character but otherwise it was pretty lackluster

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the end, Harold is next to the same house that Willie's body was discovered in.

I didn't like this due to the fact the dark humor was missing. In the OG series, Johnny Boy got busted and was out in a few hours, not a 4 year bid, also Ralphie, Silvio, Jackie Aprile, Puss, and Tony were all the same age roughly but this had Sil be at least 15 years older than Tony.

Harold was on another level, had them wops shook, but sad they had to do young bull that way....

Felt disjointed and overall unnecessary as Tony proves he is an irredeemable character in the OG show and a prequel is irrelevant as his ultimate end is dead or in prison....
I don’t think they ever specifically say they are the same age range looking back at my last rewatch . If anything Tony Is considered a boy wonder in the first season . I do think that I thought p*ssy was closer to his age than the movie portrays but I do think that their dynamic ( especially sil) still tracks with the show and even heightens that he’d s this loyal to the unofficial protege of dikkie and a soprano

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
It wasn't bad. Had enough wtf moments, and idiosyncrasies to feel like the Sopranos. The style of camera work is obviously different to suite film, and not TV, but the little things were there. They also included a lot of references to the show. It was a decent 7 out of 10.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Woke up at 4am, couldn’t go back to sleep so decided to watch.:…thought it was dope…think I missed some of the stuff going on with Tony’s mom though..:what’d she do?

and what was the shyt they found in dikkie’s jacket, like some precursor to Percocet or something? Junior used that to write him off as a complete fukk Up junkie?

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
The character Bokeem Woodbine portrayed was good, a level-headed calculating businessman. He was a mogul who sought to get musical reparations from Hesh. Woodbine's character took on the Italian Mob and a Jewish gangster and ended up taking them to court (whereas they expected him to get violent), with a good chance of achieving victory.

I always wondered if he slept with Adrianna.
Him, Carmellas priest, the cop who tickets Tony then won't take a bribe after, and the preacher/ww2 vet were the only Negros in that entire series who were respectable.
Meadows Black Jewish boyfriend is a pretentious dikk head, he doesn't count.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It wasn't bad. Had enough wtf moments, and idiosyncrasies to feel like the Sopranos. The style of camera work is obviously different to suite film, and not TV, but the little things were there. They also included a lot of references to the show. It was a decent 7 out of 10.

The show was known for it's dark humor, the movie didn't have much of it. I wonder if it was intentional, being that this film was intended for theaters.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
The show was known for it's dark humor, the movie didn't have much of it. I wonder if it was intentional, being that this film was intended for theaters.

The humor was more inside jokes for the fans of the original. Example was Jr saying "your sisters c*nt" or being a fukk up. The varsity joke or dikkies uncle being a twin...

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Him, Carmellas priest, the cop who tickets Tony then won't take a bribe after, and the preacher/ww2 vet were the only Negros in that entire series who were respectable.
Meadows Black Jewish boyfriend is a pretentious dikk head, he doesn't count.
It don't count that he fukked meadow soprano

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

There was Johnny Boy shooting at Livia's hairnet (another reference) and Paulie bringing the stolen TV to Hollywood dikk's funeral.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
:picard:dikkie drowned that bytch.

But she slept with the enemy, #HOH :francis:
:mjlol: Guisseppina thought she would be spared by telling the truth voluntarily....
full
hell naw bytch!

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
This shyt was so trash lol

Buddy killed his old boy but why? Bout that p*ssy? Or because his old boy was putting his foot off in that ass as a jit? Maybe both lol

Simped out killed a side bytch bout some side dikk smfh

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
It only felt loosely related to the show and just before I watched the end got spoiled for me but I also considered watching the whole show again from the start. On one hand it’s always so easy to watch a mafia movie what can I say but it felt kinda like a let down but wow Tony was fukked. I will say guy that played Junior is typecast as evil guy so when you got guys like that the plot goes how it goes when you see more of them as it goes.

But the little bits when things connected was like when you take a bite of pasta and get a whole clove of roasted garlic.

I probably won’t rewatch it for a long time but this is the most recent example of how the hold of nostalgia got us getting stuff that if it isn’t what it was but can be close can get greenlit but I feel like this and even the breaking bad movie could’ve started from a bigger place because in my mind even though they came from “prestige television” cinema is naturally bigger. Most of the movie was done then they hit the time jump but that whole era kinda was a golden era so it could’ve been bigger. Some things could’ve sat longer.

I ain’t a p*ssy I don’t got a problem with movies over three hours. If it was longer with somethings sitting a bit then this would’ve been chef’s kiss.