Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Forreal. Tony never had a chance. His mom was a textbook narcissist. He might have been normal growing up in another family but with a mobster for a dad and a crazy emotionless nut job for a mom he was destined to be fukked up.
She did show one ounce of love for him when she hugged him, maybe if dikkie never died and he gave her those pills she may have been better

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I also like that the movie attempted to right the wrong of how black people were portrayed in The Sopranos. Harold was resentful & plotting. He became a huge problem for their crew. Had the beef continued on he would have eventually died but he made his impression

Young Sil was great

dude moved just like him Sil was my favorite character in the OG show def feel like dude did him justice. I trust Chase when it comes to the ages of the characters great to see Sil was always council

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Mids, very mids

seems a little ridiculous Junior would green light a hit on somebody as loved and respected as dikkie without any justified reason whatsoever, never seen a made man get wacked over that kinda BS before

the chick confessing to fukking the black dude and thinking it would be alright was completely ridiculous
she didn't display that level of stupidity throughout the film

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That Christopher voiceover at the end was so bad :russ:
I should’ve saw the fumble coming with all the editing issues but man, what the hell was that. :mjlol:

Sil looked like someone on SNL tried doing their best Van Zandt impression.

I did like dikkie’s dream with the blind baseball team and thought it was one of the best scenes. Felt like a trip down memory lane with the surrealistic moments that were featured on the show. Tone had many of those ‘snap back into reality’ sequences.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else felt shades of Christopher and Adriana when dikkie let his goomah know that the beauty salon was hers for the taking? Felt like a parallel to when Chris gifted Ade that club and shyt went downhill fast after that. :francis:

It’s like the Moltisantis set themselves up to see which one in the family line has the most heartbreaking downfall.

I was grinning like a motherfukker during this callback :russ:

Yeah, I get what you said but Adriana wasn't his goomah, that was his true lover and was soon to be a wife.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Mids, very mids

seems a little ridiculous Junior would green light a hit on somebody as lived as dikkie without any justified reason whatsoever, never seen a made man get wacked over that kinda BS before

the chick confessing to fukking the black dude and thinking it would be alright was completely ridiculous
she didn't display that level of stupidity throughout the film
We already knew she wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed when she kissed the son of her husband. I agree though, it was dumb as hell to reveal that news as the goomar and the impact of the entire situation would’ve hit harder had it took its time to build up to that point.

Last edited: