Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Artie is the kid he runs the number with at school, robs the ice cream truck with and he beats up after he calls him a jerkoff.
Artie was looking like a mob member in the making weird how he turns into some square p*ssy.

Thought that was him but missed the part at the school.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
I was a bit let down until Harold bossed up. A limited series would have been a better option. The end has me like :ohhh:

Now I need to rewatch the series again to re-examine certain character interactions.

I’m I the only one who thought Silvio and Tone were around the same age? I thought when they robbed Feech, Tony, Jackie and Silvio were age mates coming up together?

This movie was done before the George Floyd protests right? It’s pretty crazy how police killings and race riots occur in a seemingly endless cycle…68, 91, 2020.

I can see white dude bros start bashing Chase for being “woke” :mjlol:

yeah the age thing with Silvio and p*ssy threw me off too cause I thought they were the same age.

uncle jun shaking his head and telling the girl cousins tony didn’t have the makings of a varsity athlete was well placed.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Saw this yesterday. You won't get some of the references if you never seen The Sopranos, but 95% of the people going to see it would be fans of the show anyway. Trailers have a way of fooling people lol. It wasn't what I expected but I'm not gonna elaborate on that.

dikkie Moltisanti is an animal. :picard: Christopher is definitely a chip off the old block.

A little surprise at the end will have you :ohhh:

It was cool, but I was a bit underwhelmed to be honest. At least the black characters weren't buffoons and clowns like in the series and it didn't go too overboard with the :mjpls: like I was expecting. In fact, there's one scene a lot of eye-talians won't like. :mjgrin:

:pachaha::sas2::dead:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt right here :wow:

So many shytty movies close to the 3 hours mark now a days and this only 2 hours :mjcry: hope they continue with a miniseries or another movie.

Vera Farmiga killed this, it was scary how she channeled Livia, the girl playing Janice also looked A LOT like her, amazing casting all around, the more reason I wish this was a miniseries instead.

dikkie was fukking nuts.

This would’ve been absolute fiyah as a miniseries. Could’ve did 10 episodes.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
No. Pay attention to what his younger brother, Johnny angry about when he gets out of jail. Pay attention to what Tony's mother, Livia wants dikkie talk some sense to Tony but not want Uncle Junior talk to Tony.
That’s right!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'll echo many others here; this should've been a limited series. It feels like David Chase wrote an interesting backstory for dikkie Moltisanti, but HBO told him the only way they'd give him the green light is if he shoehorned in all these Sopranos references.

It was never gonna be as great as the show without Gandolfini. But it was at least good because of Nivola as dikkie.