Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I also like that the movie attempted to right the wrong of how black people were portrayed in The Sopranos. Harold was resentful & plotting. He became a huge problem for their crew. Had the beef continued on he would have eventually died but he made his impression

I would've watched a movie about Leslie, Patina and his crew taking on the Italian mob. All the Sopranos shyt was boring as hell. dikkie Moltisanti worked in the Sopranosverse, IMO, because we *didn't* know anything about him. He was a "being", so to speak. A legend. Now he's just some regular, mid-level schmuck who killed his mistress for banging a black guy. Who GIVES a shyt? The aura of dikkie is waaaay more interesting than the man himself.

Also (and I can't believe I'm spoiling this since it's been almost 20 years):

Why the fukk did Tony lie about the guy who killed Chris's father? For what? You think Tony couldn't have whacked the guy himself?

But there's something I need clarification on - and blame the lack of sleep on this.

When dikkie and Harold had their shootout, dikkie blasts through a door w/a shotgun. Harold looks through the hole to the other side and...walks away. Was he out of bullets? Did he have a pang of remorse? Or was he just such a bad ass that he just wanted to make a point?

Going to rewatch it today with fresh eyes and a good night's sleep, but...meh.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I would've watched a movie about Leslie, Patina and his crew taking on the Italian mob. All the Sopranos shyt was boring as hell. dikkie Moltisanti worked in the Sopranosverse, IMO, because we *didn't* know anything about him. He was a "being", so to speak. A legend. Now he's just some regular, mid-level schmuck who killed his mistress for banging a black guy. Who GIVES a shyt? The aura of dikkie is waaaay more interesting than the man himself.

Why the fukk did Tony lie about the guy who killed Chris's father? For what? You think Tony couldn't have whacked the guy himself?

But there's something I need clarification on - and blame the lack of sleep on this.

When dikkie and Harold had their shootout, dikkie blasts through a door w/a shotgun. Harold looks through the hole to the other side and...walks away. Was he out of bullets? Did he have a pang of remorse? Or was he just such a bad ass that he just wanted to make a point?

I believe Harold heard police sirens coming so he knew he could either A. stay and kill dikkie but get arrested/killed by the police afterwards or B. escape and try again later after laying low for a while so he can get the drop on dikkie again. Hence why it was crucial that Carmine spotted Harold at his hidden safehouse while he was tree shopping to give dikkie a heads up for a surprise attack.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
To be fair, most of the family on the show talked up a lot of the dead guys like they were legends when in reality, they weren’t. It’s an ugly life they all live in that business.

Daps

That’s interesting because maybe that was the whole point. Dikkie was a decent enough gangster but the “mythical dikkie” may have more so been a play by Tony to keep Christopher under his thumb by giving him this image that he had to play up to and ultimately make himself more useful to Tony

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This was dope if you're a fan of the Sopranos, which I am. Its my GOAT show and I'm from NJ so I'm clearly biased here. I just loved seeing the younger characters like Junior, Sil, Paulie and p*ssy. Obviously Tony and damn Vera killed the Olivia role.

All the Easter eggs and gems for the fans was dope.
Ray Liotta was great to see but damn he old now :mjcry:

Whoever said this should have been like an HBO limited series vs a movie was SPOT on. I need more of this :feedme: