Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Penelope Flooze just had to get that info off her chest :francis: Literally sleeping with the fishes :francis:

Kills his father for pushing her down the steps only to drown her himself a few years later. She was safer with Hollywood Dikk :francis: and it was twisted as fukk to be banging his dad’s wife in the first place breh really was Christopher’s pops :francis: She shouldn’t have said anything though. Racism must have not been as pervasive in Italy because she didn’t get the memo about how it was in the states.

Daps
That’s interesting because maybe that was the whole point. Dikkie was a decent enough gangster but the “mythical dikkie” may have more so been a play by Tony to keep Christopher under his thumb by giving him this image that he had to play up to and ultimately make himself more useful to Tony
Well one thing the movie does well is show how much Tony idolized dikkie. That didn’t need to be a ploy, young impressionable Tony was legit in awe of him

Daps
I liked the movie for the most part. The Black storyline felt like a peace offering to offset the Black characters on the show; maybe this was a criticism that ate at Chase. :yeshrug:

I thought they should’ve done more to support the Junior killing dikkie. I get that he was jealous and offended by the laughing but that needed to be fleshed out more imo

Daps
Oh and I was surprised at how honest they were about the racism. In addition to the Italians being racist as fukk, they showed dikkie riding around with his dead father getting stopped by bunch of National guardsmen and they don’t bat an eye.

That white privilege is something else. :wow:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
solid flick that I too agree would've been better with maybe 6 episodes to flesh out everything...I can tell Chase wanted to do more but was confined to just 2 hours.

All the easter eggs were greatly appreciated by me and I thought all the actors did a good job portraying the characters from the show. Vera really surprised me, didn't know she had that acting ability.

Harold was :wow: but like my one complaint about time, we would've been able to see more flesh out of the building up of his crew and connection with Frank. HBO gotta pull the trigger and extend this into a series...They owe us another gangster show :ufdup:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the only reason chris thought his dad was a junky like him was because his body had a bunch of pills on him when he died? But he only had those because he was trying to help out Tony
But Christopher says he was junkie that was squirting shyt into his arm.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I would've watched a movie about Leslie, Patina and his crew taking on the Italian mob. All the Sopranos shyt was boring as hell. dikkie Moltisanti worked in the Sopranosverse, IMO, because we *didn't* know anything about him. He was a "being", so to speak. A legend. Now he's just some regular, mid-level schmuck who killed his mistress for banging a black guy. Who GIVES a shyt? The aura of dikkie is waaaay more interesting than the man himself.

Also (and I can't believe I'm spoiling this since it's been almost 20 years):

Why the fukk did Tony lie about the guy who killed Chris's father? For what? You think Tony couldn't have whacked the guy himself?

It was just a way to manipulate Chris and get him thinking that he was indebted to Tony for helping him avenge his father’s murder.

He had said to Melfi in therapy that he was in the process of bonding Chris to him, and this was his way of doing it.

Thing is, even Chris knew there was a possibility that Tony was lying. The cop told him he was lied to and Chris said ‘it doesn’t matter, he wants you dead’. Chris wasn’t sure, but he probably just chose to believe him.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
solid flick that I too agree would've been better with maybe 6 episodes to flesh out everything...I can tell Chase wanted to do more but was confined to just 2 hours.

All the easter eggs were greatly appreciated by me and I thought all the actors did a good job portraying the characters from the show. Vera really surprised me, didn't know she had that acting ability.

Harold was :wow: but like my one complaint about time, we would've been able to see more flesh out of the building up of his crew and connection with Frank. HBO gotta pull the trigger and extend this into a series...They owe us another gangster show :ufdup:

Make that sh*t a TV show :mindblown: If we fukked with Boardwalk Empire, people will definitely fukk with a Sopranos show set in the 70s and 80s. Raising Kanan should show that too. Make them calls David Chase :ufdup:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
But Christopher says he was junkie that was squirting shyt into his arm.
:ohhh:Maybe that's what Junior told him....

Junior: :scust: Christopher you ain't shyt.... your daddy wasn't shyt.... Tony as a varsity athlete ain't shyt

:heh: Junior dislike of dikkie and Christopher makes him a bigger hater than Severus Snape
snape-equally.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:ohhh:Maybe that's what Junior told him....

Junior: :scust: Christopher you ain't shyt.... your daddy wasn't shyt.... Tony as a varsity athlete ain't shyt

:heh: Junior dislike of dikkie and Christopher makes him a bigger hater than Severus Snape
snape-equally.gif
shyt, and at least Snape comes out looking good in the end. Not feeling respected and being insecure was always in Uncle June’s nature, but this film made me feel legit disgusted that I ever felt sorry for the guy. :picard:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would've watched a movie about Leslie, Patina and his crew taking on the Italian mob. All the Sopranos shyt was boring as hell. dikkie Moltisanti worked in the Sopranosverse, IMO, because we *didn't* know anything about him. He was a "being", so to speak. A legend. Now he's just some regular, mid-level schmuck who killed his mistress for banging a black guy. Who GIVES a shyt? The aura of dikkie is waaaay more interesting than the man himself.

Also (and I can't believe I'm spoiling this since it's been almost 20 years):

Why the fukk did Tony lie about the guy who killed Chris's father? For what? You think Tony couldn't have whacked the guy himself?

Going to rewatch it today with fresh eyes and a good night's sleep, but...meh.

Nobody knows for sure but only Uncle Juroir knows cause he was the one got dikkie killed. Tony was simply manipulating Christopher to cement his allegiance while at the same time eliminating a corrupt cop.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:whoo::banderas:

Fire Top to Bottom. Great Acting, Beautifully shot. Dope Easter Eggs. Love the Black Storyline with the Newark Riots. David did a good job intersecting the two storylines. Lowkey had a Scorsese vibe to it too. Again the way it was done reminded me of yes the Throwback Mob Classics. This was well worth the 14 years wait. Felt like Episodes "87 and 88" (2 hours long) or an Epilogue after "Made in America". You can literally finish the last episode and go right into the movie and it flows perfectly. Damn Man, dikkie was a f*ckin mess, SMH. Alessessaro did amazing as Christopher's father in the role. Michael did a great job and embodied not only Tony but his Father. He would be proud.

Young Tony meeting the crew when they were all young was a sight to see. Ray Liotta was great in his role man. Low key was like the "Dr. Melfi" for dikkie. He read right through dikkie's lies the whole time. Loved it. They should do a "Prequel Trilogy" on some Star Wars ish. This really was "Episode I" for real. Yes it works as a stand alone but works much better when you've watched the show. David Chase did a Fantastic job on this. I left it wanting some more. This was very hard to pull off with all the characters being Young. Wow at Vera as Livia, she did really good and kept reminding me of Carmela and the OG Livia, it was a great performance by her. Leslie Odom Jr killed his role, he went hard. Also:

When it started on Christopher Grave and he was the narrator, I was like DAMN. Basically it really does work as a Prequel and a Sequel to the end of the series. Also SMH @ Junior. He really did never change but dikkie deserved it, He was out of damn control. How you murk you own Pops and take his girl and murk her, like WTF? But of course Junior did it because of his crazy ego, SMH. Glad Leslie made it out so he can possible be in the sequel.

220px-TheManySaintsOfNewarkPoster.jpg

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
also I don't like CGU being used for shootings/bullet wounds...the show used blood packets/makeup and shyt looks so much better than computer cranberry juice flying out of a body