Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a bit let down until Harold bossed up. A limited series would have been a better option. The end has me like :ohhh:

Now I need to rewatch the series again to re-examine certain character interactions.

I’m I the only one who thought Silvio and Tone were around the same age? I thought when they robbed Feech, Tony, Jackie and Silvio were age mates coming up together?

This movie was done before the George Floyd protests right? It’s pretty crazy how police killings and race riots occur in a seemingly endless cycle…68, 91, 2020.

I can see white dude bros start bashing Chase for being “woke” :mjlol:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i liked this movie, but i fukkin hate it, b/c now i feel like i have to watch 80 hours of the Sopranos. i'm in full blown Sopranos mode, and i really don't wannt commit to a rewatch. it's been 15 years, but rewatching dramas is an undertaking i don't think i have the patience for

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
This shyt right here :wow:

So many shytty movies close to the 3 hours mark now a days and this only 2 hours :mjcry: hope they continue with a miniseries or another movie.

Vera Farmiga killed this, it was scary how she channeled Livia, the girl playing Janice also looked A LOT like her, amazing casting all around, the more reason I wish this was a miniseries instead.

dikkie was fukking nuts.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If you go into this 2 hour movie comparing it to the 86 hour body of work of The Sopranos then you will surely be disappointed. It’s the equivalent of comparing a really good song to a great album.

I enjoyed it and it definitely left me wanting more, which Chase said that was by design.

And for those complaining about storylines not resolved or being tied up, that’s always been Chase’ style.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I read prior to this dropping, that david chase was open to a sequel to this movie if terence winter comes aboard, and terence winter is interested.
As enticing as more Soprano Stories sounds, I really hope they don’t go off the rails with it.

Get that all-star writing team together and make magic happen again on TV. Dude has a pilot and feature film written already. Whatever genre it is I’ll be there.