Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Anyone else felt shades of Christopher and Adriana when dikkie let his goomah know that the beauty salon was hers for the taking? Felt like a parallel to when Chris gifted Ade that club and shyt went downhill fast after that. :francis:

It’s like the Moltisantis set themselves up to see which one in the family line has the most heartbreaking downfall.

I was grinning like a motherfukker during this callback :russ:

Last edited:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
This shyt was ass other than how cool it was to see certain characters back in the day

the black number man/race war plot was like who the fukk cares :mindblown:shyt felt forced af it was filler give that shyt its own show

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
This shyt was ass other than how cool it was to see certain characters back in the day

the black number man/race war plot was like who the fukk cares :mindblown:shyt felt forced af it was filler give that shyt its own show

They finally show black gangsters getting in the Italians ass and you didn't like it?

:mjpls:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
They finally show black gangsters getting in the Italians ass and you didn't like it?

:mjpls:

NAH :mjlol:Anything would have been a step up from the way black people were shown in the show :russ:I get that

But It was generic and predictable the nikka flipping on him, fukking his side piece you could tell what was gonna happen from jump zzzzz

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Felt disjointed in some parts and I think it would’ve done more justice had it been an HBO limited series. On the other hand, I was caught up in joy with seeing these characters on the big screen that I put all that shyt aside. :ld:

Minus Silvio though. He was jarring as fukk in this. :mjlol:

yeah it would've done better as a series. they tried to do too much in the film

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:

uhhhh take your pic...

I'm not gonna post more examples cos you just gonna :cape:regardless :rudy:

Cosign. The Sopranos portrayed black people as a bunch of morons. That’s why it’s hard for me to put it over The Wire. That sort of writing doesn’t fit in today’s landscape which is why they made more multifaceted black characters in this movie. That’s them admitting it. Boardwalk Empire kept it G. Yes racism was real and the white characters were still on that :mjpls: wave in the 1920s but Chalky and his guys were still well written. It felt like the writers (of the Sopranos) themselves had personal problems with black people and were making jokes at our expense with the idiotic depiction of us when it should have been just the Italian characters being racist despite the black characters being normal and everyday people because that’s how racism was…illogical and stupid…otherwise you’re implying blacks deserved the treatment they got for being stupid, unreliable and lazy.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i don't even really know or care what this movie was ultimately about, but i liked being back in this world. the young versions of most of our dudes were comical though. fukkin Jun is a maniac.

sidenote - years ago i got a wrong number voicemail on my phone from an italian sounding dude that just said, "Frank, it's me. It's done. Call me." and to this day i wish i somehow saved it b/c it was like 87% a hit.