Official The Last of Us Remastered Thread (No SPOILERS)

Daps
There's audio logs and notes scattered throughout the game that fleshes out the plague.
I'm big into that stuff so I hunted them logs and notes down and still I felt it really wasn't that well explained.

The BI logs did so much more for the story imo, I also think the story/world was more interesting in general

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They gotta make a sequel with Elie being grown....Joel Dying/telling her the truth.....gives herself up to die and be the cure at the end......make that shyt like the Terminator 2 of video games.... .:wow:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I'm big into that stuff so I hunted them logs and notes down and still I felt it really wasn't that well explained.

The BI logs did so much more for the story imo, I also think the story/world was more interesting in general
Info they give you.

What type of fungus, how it spreads, symptoms it causes

Every time something like this in nature comes up through random genetic mutations somebody (usually) will be immune. (natural selection)

They know the fungus grows on the brain via x rays. So the doctors want to surgically open Ellie head to remove the non expansive fungal tissue to examine it's properties as well as Ellies brain to see if they can reverse engineer a vaccine, like real scientist and doctors do now.

The virus itself was a mutated strain of the Cordyceps virus that jumped to humans.

cordyceps_campanotus%20.jpg
http://www.utexas.edu/courses/zoo384l/sirena/species/fungi/cordyceps_campanotus .jpg

All this is explained in game, what else did you need to know?

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
So this world ain't fantasy? Fungal zombie apocalypse?

You're sounding silly

Of course it's fantasy, it's a game nikka. But....:patrice:

No you're sounding silly for not realizing that a fungal infection/widespread disease is realistic. Or MORE realistic/feasible than motherfukkers having arms made out of power drills and shyt :mjlol:

http://www.cdc.gov/fungal/outbreaks.html

Info they give you.

What type of fungus, how it spreads, symptoms it causes

Every time something like this in nature comes up through random genetic mutations somebody (usually) will be immune. (natural selection)

They know the fungus grows on the brain via x rays. So the doctors want to surgically open Ellie head to remove the non expansive fungal tissue to examine it's properties as well as Ellies brain to see if they can reverse engineer a vaccine, like real scientist and doctors do now.

The virus itself was a mutated strain of the Cordyceps virus that jumped to humans.

cordyceps_campanotus%20.jpg
http://www.utexas.edu/courses/zoo384l/sirena/species/fungi/cordyceps_campanotus .jpg

All this is explained in game, what else did you need to know?

:snoop:

Daps

No you're sounding silly for not realizing that a fungal infection/widespread disease is realistic. Or MORE realistic/feasible than motherfukkers having arms made out of power drills and shyt :mjlol:

Dude it's all fantasy, there aint no fukking zombie apacolypse, just like there isn't a Columbia or a Rapture (which both have some slight chance of happening, but clearly are fantasy).

And amount of reality involved or not, the story wasn't as interesting. There's been a million End of the World zombie movies/books/tv shows/games.

I loved both games, so don't take it so personal.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Dude it's all fantasy, there aint no fukking zombie apacolypse, just like there isn't a Columbia or a Rapture (which both have some slight chance of happening, but clearly are fantasy).

And amount of reality involved or not, the story wasn't as interesting. There's been a million End of the World zombie movies/books/tv shows/games.

I loved both games, so don't take it so personal.

Do you not realize fungi/bacteria/parasites are the most populous organisms in the universe? Not just on earth, but the UNIVERSE? That bacteria/microorganisms exist on the moon, Mars, etc. and we have PROOF of it? Also knowing that scientists haven't got the capability or manpower to FULLY realize how all of these organisms affect the world around us, nor even identify them all, that just adds another layer to the realm of possibilities.

Do you not realize that if there's some strain (wether manufactured or organically grown to become immune to vaccines, said fungi/bacteria/parasites CAN and WILL infest and and affect their "hosts" (in this case, humans)?

Not saying that if it were to happen, it would happen exactly as in-game. But the Center for Disease Control has NEVER ruled out the possibility of this happening. And several times has confirmed that out of all sci-fi/fantasy movie themes, an "outbreak" / "zombies" is the most likely to happen, if any. Read between the lines.

No one's saying mfers is walking around on some Frankenstein shyt. Nor am I scared that the shyt's legit going to happen. BUT the theme of the game is 100x more likely than ANYTHING in Bioshock taking place. If you kept up with science (no disrespect, just facts), then you'd realize how plausible this is, and laud Naughty Dog for creating a game that heavily draws from real-world plausibility and fact.

They went as in depth as possible with it, JUST SO the story could become so engaging, which is partially why it's been nominated and awarded MANY times over more than Bioshock. Not to mention everything from the weapon switch delay/system, emotion, & story...being a lot more realistic. This ain't even an argument, again. Just facts.

So as I said....LOU >>>>>> the fantasies/stretches of Bioshock.

:stopitslime:

Daps

Do you not realize fungi/bacteria/parasites are the most populous organisms in the universe? Not just on earth, but the UNIVERSE? That bacteria/microorganisms exist on the moon, Mars, etc. and we have PROOF of it? Also knowing that scientists haven't got the capability or manpower to FULLY realize how all of these organisms affect the world around us, nor even identify them all, that just adds another layer to the realm of possibilities.

Do you not realize that if there's some strain (wether manufactured or organically grown to become immune to vaccines, said fungi/bacteria/parasites CAN and WILL infest and and affect their "hosts" (in this case, humans)?

Not saying that if it were to happen, it would happen exactly as in-game. But the Center for Disease Control has NEVER ruled out the possibility of this happening. And several times has confirmed that out of all sci-fi/fantasy movie themes, an "outbreak" / "zombies" is the most likely to happen, if any. Read between the lines.

No one's saying mfers is walking around on some Frankenstein shyt. Nor am I scared that the shyt's legit going to happen. BUT the theme of the game is 100x more likely than ANYTHING in Bioshock taking place. If you kept up with science (no disrespect, just facts), then you'd realize how plausible this is, and laud Naughty Dog for creating a game that heavily draws from real-world plausibility and fact.

They went as in depth as possible with it, JUST SO the story could become so engaging, which is partially why it's been nominated and awarded MANY times over more than Bioshock. Not to mention everything from the weapon switch delay/system, emotion, & story...being a lot more realistic. This ain't even an argument, again. Just facts.

So as I said....LOU >>>>>> the fantasies/stretches of Bioshock.

:stopitslime:

You may feel that's the case, and your entitled to that opinion.

My opinion is Rapture is a whole lot more likely than a zombie fungal plague that destroys humanity and descends us into canibalism.

It's all fantasy, but you state your point well and thanks for the insight on the game.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps

:wtf: vaccines attempt to recreate natural immunity

They needed a tissue sample to isolate the fungus and study why she didnt turn

I know they didnt explain the science behind that but modern vaccines isolate the disease to imitate it and trigger the immune system.

Im sure studying why her immune system was able to do so would have aided in a vaccine[/spoilers]

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I had a homie tell me that the scientists in the TLOU universe were dumb as fukk
because they wouldn't have to take Ellie's brain for a cure. They could have non-lethally taken samples of grey matter. Worst case scenario if that gave them nothing they could go deeper and take some white matter (with potential side effects) but she wouldn't have had to die.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I had a homie tell me that the scientists in the TLOU universe were dumb as fukk
because they wouldn't have to take Ellie's brain for a cure. They could have non-lethally taken samples of grey matter. Worst case scenario if that gave them nothing they could go deeper and take some white matter (with potential side effects) but she wouldn't have had to die.
also why couldn't they have studied someone who died from it with spore masks on to try isolating the virus?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
also why couldn't they have studied someone who died from it with spore masks on to try isolating the virus?

:mindblown: Scientists were probably dumb for real. Maybe it's shyt the writers didn't think about. The game also doesn't specify whether Ellie is asymptomatic (infected but showing no symptoms but can still infect people ie. Typhoid Mary) or just straight up genetically immune. They wouldn't need her brain at all if it's the former but that's what her infection looks like in the game considering what she told David when she bit him. Or maybe she said that to fukk with him...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm on my survivor run and in the hotel. Killed two dudes stealthily and made it to the elevator without getting caught :whew: Good thing I didn't have to find any artifacts in that section or I would have been screwed. I only got six shotgun shells that I have to save for those fukk ass stalkers in the Hotel Basement.

So close to getting this platinum, all I gotta do is find all artifacts and complete survivor one more time :wow:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I'm on my survivor run and in the hotel. Killed two dudes stealthily and made it to the elevator without getting caught :whew: Good thing I didn't have to find any artifacts in that section or I would have been screwed. I only got six shotgun shells that I have to save for those fukk ass stalkers in the Hotel Basement.

So close to getting this platinum, all I gotta do is find all artifacts and complete survivor one more time :wow:

shoulda done grounded twice so you don't have to play 4 times