Official The Last of Us Remastered Thread (No SPOILERS)

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Enemies are stronger and less checkpoints. Little to no crafting materials. You really feel vulnerable.
I thought I just wasn't that good at stealth but on grounded, you have to stealth some levels. The beginning of the hotel with the hunters, for instance.
On Normal, I picked these guys off, even the nonessentials.
On Grounded, I only took out those I needed to which were less than a handful of a guys. The rest I just snuck past.
You learn to be patient and quiet real quick when the stakes are raised and you're low on ammo.
Thats something that makes this game stupid fun. On the 2 most difficult levels, scavenging an area where there are enemies is risky as hell. It makes you either decide to go 100% stealth and say fukk finding ammo ect, just get the fukk to the next area or make the choice to stock up on shyt with risk of being offed at any time. This game is straight fire

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Thats something that makes this game stupid fun. On the 2 most difficult levels, scavenging an area where there are enemies is risky as hell. It makes you either decide to go 100% stealth and say fukk finding ammo ect, just get the fukk to the next area or make the choice to stock up on shyt with risk of being offed at any time. This game is straight fire

Cosign.
It ain't for everybody but I truly feel like Grounded is the difficulty this shyt was made to be played on. To really enjoy it and immerse yourself in the game.
No superhuman seeing through walls. No stockpiles of ammo and crafting materials.
You feel the threat of danger and how hostile the game is 24/7.
Every break in the action you get when you can just breathe and converse with Ellie or your squad is appreciated.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cosign.
It ain't for everybody but I truly feel like Grounded is the difficulty this shyt was made to be played on. To really enjoy it and immerse yourself in the game.
No superhuman seeing through walls. No stockpiles of ammo and crafting materials.
You feel the threat of danger and how hostile the game is 24/7 and every break in the action you get is appreciated.
Survivor is all I need for all that. I don't think I'm about that Grounded life. I still want to enjoy the game somewhat :whoa:

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
And yo, I've been scrounging together material to craft flimsy ass shivs and this entire time, Ellie has had a pocket knife? :mindblown: :damn:

ta2_4_gif11.gif

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
The only thing that could be a bit annoying on Grounded is how dudes with guns often don't even give you a single bullet. Like, they carrying guns but got no ammo. I know its a balance thing but sometimes it's like shiiiiit. :wow:

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Survivor is all I need for all that. I don't think I'm about that Grounded life. I still want to enjoy the game somewhat :whoa:

It's not that bad but yeah, it can get frustrating. I beat it on Normal and went straight to Grounded.
It's def not for everyone. :laugh:

The only thing that could be a bit annoying on Grounded is how dudes with guns often don't even give you a single bullet. Like, they carrying guns but got no ammo. I know its a balance thing but sometimes it's like shiiiiit. :wow:

Yeah I noticed that last night. My only major gripe about Grounded.
That's kind of cheap of ND. But I guess the object is to make the mode as difficult as possible.

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
:blessed:

JUST made it out of the hotel lobby.
Soon as I shut the door behind me Joel collapsed due to a bloater attack but I'd already made it through so the game simply restarted the encounter from me coming through the door.
Took 3 shot gun shells, a molotov and a crowbar, but I made it.
nikka ran out looking like a world class Olympian.
:wow:

Edit: And seeing as how it glitched and Joel techincally died as I opened the door, it somehow got confused and gave me back my ammo.
No complaints.