Official The Last of Us Remastered Thread (No SPOILERS)

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
:usure: Nah, I can't buy that.

original

Look at that... This is from a thread complaining about the enemy AI that never notices your friendly AI even when they're out in the open in their field of vision while you're stealthy.

I've played the campaign so many times and I've never seen that happen. The only time friendly AI fukk me up is when they're in my way but I never see them get caught by enemy AI unless it's a part where the game has infected or hunter rush you.
Ive got footage of enemy ai literally running into ellie and not being alarmed at all. On the highestdifficulty

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I cleared the entire bookstore with stealth chokes and bow. Now I can't get Ellie to pull out her joke book. :beli: I really don't want to restart the checkpoint...

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Is matchmaking in mp broken or something? Just sat here for 10 minutes trying to get in a game(parties and no parties). Had to shut the quad off after that.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Is matchmaking in mp broken or something? Just sat here for 10 minutes trying to get in a game(parties and no parties). Had to shut the quad off after that.

Yeah it happens. Sometimes it's a short wait or a long ass wait for the search to find players. When it takes longer than 3 mins. I just back out and go back to try searching again.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
That's what I'm saying. That's why I can't believe @klutch2381 He needs to record how that shyt happened if it even happened...

It happened towards the beginning of the game when you first get Ellie and you're going through that building with the Clickers and shyt, and there's a safe in there that you need a combo to. I know that's a vague ass description, lol. But, that's the best I can do. She ran around the corner from where the safe was and one grabbed her or something and she started bussing. I don't have "footage," of it, but I didn't imagine it happened either. You can believe me or not, it's cool either way, breh.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It happened towards the beginning of the game when you first get Ellie and you're going through that building with the Clickers and shyt, and there's a safe in there that you need a combo to. I know that's a vague ass description, lol. But, that's the best I can do. She ran around the corner from where the safe was and one grabbed her or something and she started bussing. I don't have "footage," of it, but I didn't imagine it happened either. You can believe me or not, it's cool either way, breh.

Were you detected in the encounter zone before you hid?

Provided that the player is not detected when entering an encounter zone and remains undetected the enemy AI and companion AI will not engage each other and companions will not be noticed by the enemies. However, since it takes a while for you to become hidden again after being detected it is possible for other enemies in the encounter zone to join the fray even though they weren't in the same room or directly attacked by you. An example is if you engage the enemy in the graveyard with Bill it seems he will continue to attack enemies later on in the graveyard if he gets a line-of-sight on them before you have a chance to go back to being hidden again - and vice versa with the enemy clickers - as they are in the same encounter zone as where you began contact, albeit a bit further on.

In short, if you want to remain hidden you have to try to stealth the entire section until the next encounter - not checkpoint - without using loud attacks or weapons.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
There's a glitch in the Bookstore area in Pittsburgh. You might not get the Ellie joke prompt if you've cleared the entire area through stealth.

If it happens to you don't leave the area (when the exit hint pops up), you should save, go back to the main menu and load up the game again. She'll pull out the joke book within 2 minutes near the mattress on the top floor.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: I see how you got that :WOAT: title

I usually only play sports games. This has been my first trek into a rpg game since Metal Gear Solid on PS1.

I only got this game cause everyone was hyping the fukk outta it. Its a damn good looking game graphics wise and does have a interesting story. However, I lose interest quickly in games that I'm not good at. This game is wierd cause it doesn't give you any help on how to accomplish tasks. I spent 20 minutes the other day trying to figure out how to give Tess a boost over the wall. Just think about that. They coulda told me get by the wall and look up and that will get Tess to jump. I was mashing every button the controller for 20 minutes confused on this point.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
:usure: Nah, I can't buy that.

original

Look at that... This is from a thread complaining about the enemy AI that never notices your friendly AI even when they're out in the open in their field of vision while you're stealthy.

I've played the campaign so many times and I've never seen that happen. The only time friendly AI fukk me up is when they're in my way but I never see them get caught by enemy AI unless it's a part where the game has infected or hunter rush you.

Ellie was grabbed by a human AI awhile back during my play-through. I was hiding against the wall and the guy literally tore down the hallway and made a beeline for her like I wasn't there. It was a nut who throws Molotov's. Maybe I had made a sound to draw his attention, but he came straight for her. For the most part, the AI does ignore the NPC's. Just that particular instance stands out.

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I usually only play sports games. This has been my first trek into a rpg game since Metal Gear Solid on PS1.

I only got this game cause everyone was hyping the fukk outta it. Its a damn good looking game graphics wise and does have a interesting story. However, I lose interest quickly in games that I'm not good at. This game is wierd cause it doesn't give you any help on how to accomplish tasks. I spent 20 minutes the other day trying to figure out how to give Tess a boost over the wall. Just think about that. They coulda told me get by the wall and look up and that will get Tess to jump. I was mashing every button the controller for 20 minutes confused on this point.

They do have a "hints" option that should be turned on by default, I think. It's helped me out a few times where I had no idea what to do next. Using this particular raft to usher Ellie across this gap, for instance. I'd been swimming aimlessly trying to figure out what to do next and didn't notice the raft that was pushed in the background. Eventually, the L3 icon popped up and when I hit it, it snapped to the raft and more or less told me what to do in a few words. If you have hints enabled, not sure why it's not working for you.