Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
My interpretation, and also why I don't subscribe to the claims of the season having a happy ending, is that it was a function of the house luring her back. I assumed it was her trying to warn herself at first, too, but it isn't like they ever communicate. She's just being scared to death. Those scares just lead to her going back to the house in hope for a resolution, being taken under its influence and, killing herself. It gets even more morbid when you realize the wife manipulates her husband into killing himself to save his remaining children. It's painted as a "happy" ending but it's really not:francis:

I read the original ending had the red door in all of the future shots showing they never left. The creator decided to change it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

OH WORD?!
Let me pull up a chair and read this real quick breh.
saBKEOI.png

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If this is true it makes the series 100x better to me. I loved it except the ending. I need to peep what she's talking about though, to confirm it. Because off the top of my head I don't remember it.

Fred.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I give this show a solid 8-8.5/10 I didn’t like how they tried to wrap up the ending making the house seem not evil when it clearly is. I also felt like Theo held way too much back when she coulda been more forthright :manny: still really good. My girl and I just finished it this week.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Shoulda done that. Don’t understand the Disneyland ending because it seems too good to be true. Theo is random lol

Man I guarantee this is what they did. It makes too much sense. I bet they planned on letting people marinate with this "happy" ending until next year then reveal they're still trapped in the house. But that actress started doing interviews talking about "the cake is red" which made people piece together that something is always red when the house is fukking with people. Now the creator is talking about "I don't know" when people ask him about that theory....there's no reason to say that instead of "nah, that's wrong".

Fred.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Man I guarantee this is what they did. It makes too much sense. I bet they planned on letting people marinate with this "happy" ending until next year then reveal they're still trapped in the house. But that actress started doing interviews talking about "the cake is red" which made people piece together that something is always red when the house is fukking with people. Now the creator is talking about "I don't know" when people ask him about that theory....there's no reason to say that instead of "nah, that's wrong".

Fred.

Yeah Theo irritating me on the set and now off the set... :russ:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

Fred.

+that actress is the wife of the creator, so it might be planned this way to generate hype.