Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Where you been fam?

Also peep "Homecoming" on Amazon. It's directed by Sam Esmail, the creator of "Mr. Robot". 10 episodes and each ep is only 25-30 minutes long. It's crack.

Fred.

Been here bro. Just less posting cause I’ve had to catch up on so many shows. Smfh

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The original ending was exactly the same....except at the end when you see the Crains chilling on Luke's anniversary of being clean....The Red Room window is in the back ground. Because that was the clue (that nobody noticed, not until the last ep) that all those random rooms (Theo's dance room, Steve's game room, Olivia's reading room, etc.) all took place in The Red Room. The rooms looked different but the same window was there.

So the season was supposed to end with them still trapped in The Red Room. Which makes all the sappy stuff ok because it was intended to fool you....but at the last minute the creator was like "nah, it's too dark and depressing" so he just took the window out, but left the happy stuff in there. Which by itself, obviously doesn't fit the rest of the series.

Regardless, dope season over all and it's pretty much guaranteed there's gonna be a season 2 at some point. Apparently without the Crains....which is dumb to me but :manny: whatever. If he's smart he'll bring a couple of them in (Theo is an obvious choice, since she's psychic) and then maybe in a later season he can get back into what happened to them.

Fred.

might still be if you look at the position/symmetrics of that mirror during their celebration, and brehs cake Is red too, could the house have leveled up with the mind fukkery:ohhh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
might still be if you look at the position/symmetrics of that mirror during their celebration, and brehs cake Is red too, could the house have leveled up with the mind fukkery:ohhh:

Nah....

I'd be willing to entertain any theory if the writer didn't point blank say "this is a happy ending". He made it a point to say the ending wasn't open to interpretation.:francis:

That ending:scusthov:.

I'd still give it a 7 or 8/10 though, because it had some legit creepy moments, was fairly entertaining, and had some great casting

Peep "Homecoming" next. You too @NormanConnors if you haven't already.

Fred.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah....

I'd be willing to entertain any theory if the writer didn't point blank say "this is a happy ending". He made it a point to say the ending wasn't open to interpretation.:francis:

Fred.

Bet

And
hopefully they at least were able to get Hugh's dead body out of the house:scust:.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Nah....

Fred.
About to watch this off the strength of your recommendation. Props!

• Dap
Reactions: hex

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
The biggest thing I didn't get was...

Why did Nell go back in time to scare herself? :patrice:

I'm pretty sure they'll make a season 2 and it'll probably be a prequel with the Hills or maybe Poppy.
seemed like she was trying to warn herself about all the bad shyt

1st night in the house, husband dying, etc

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The biggest thing I didn't get was...

Why did Nell go back in time to scare herself? :patrice:

I'm pretty sure they'll make a season 2 and it'll probably be a prequel with the Hills or maybe Poppy.
My interpretation, and also why I don't subscribe to the claims of the season having a happy ending, is that it was a function of the house luring her back. I assumed it was her trying to warn herself at first, too, but it isn't like they ever communicate. She's just being scared to death. Those scares just lead to her going back to the house in hope for a resolution, being taken under its influence and, killing herself. It gets even more morbid when you realize the wife manipulates her husband into killing himself to save his remaining children. It's painted as a "happy" ending but it's really not:francis: