Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Ayo real quick question... why they do my man’s Arthur like that?

He ain’t have nothing to do with that crazy ass house. Breh was being a good black dude and everything

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
5 was dope as fukk but 6 only had like 4-5 cuts. The first scene is a 23 minute tracking shot.....followed by a 17 minute tracking shot. It's unheard of in TV history.

Fred.

It was amazing from a technical perspective but I feel the crying suffered a bit because of the lack of takes. There was a lot of talking over each other too with the dialog. But I definitely appreciated the loftiness of the cinematography

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I wish somebody told me this shyt was more of a drama then horror brehs :francis:
I did. In the opening fukking post of this thread

ZnK9nHu.png

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Just finished, it was okay but I'm confused as to why the ghost was seen as dangerous at the beginning but not at the end. What was the point of the ghosts fukking with the family years later? It's not like that needed the family to come back and free them or some shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched this over the holiday break. It was really good but didn't stick the landing with the final episode like I hoped it would.
But all the episodes leading up to ep 10 were great.
I really was wishing that Bootleg Daario Naharis would have been killed though.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just finished, it was okay but I'm confused as to why the ghost was seen as dangerous at the beginning but not at the end. What was the point of the ghosts fukking with the family years later? It's not like that needed the family to come back and free them or some shyt.

Watched this over the holiday break. It was really good but didn't stick the landing with the final episode like I hoped it would.
But all the episodes leading up to ep 10 were great.
I really was wishing that Bootleg Daario Naharis would have been killed though.

If I'm not mistaken the show runner changed the ending. There's also a theory around that the kids are all still in the red room because the red room always had a red object in it and look back at the cake they serve. Either way, I agree with yall about the ending being pretty weak although that red cake theory at least adds a bit of ambiguity to help out. The show peaks at around 5/6 and even though it's still pretty good after, I just think it lost some momentum...especially that ending. Funeral home episode is one of my favorite episodes of any show period.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
If I'm not mistaken the show runner changed the ending. There's also a theory around that the kids are all still in the red room because the red room always had a red object in it and look back at the cake they serve. Either way, I agree with yall about the ending being pretty weak although that red cake theory at least adds a bit of ambiguity to help out. The show peaks at around 5/6 and even though it's still pretty good after, I just think it lost some momentum...especially that ending. Funeral home episode is one of my favorite episodes of any show period.

They were gonna put a window in the center frame instead of the picture on the wall in the Red Cake scene. Seems like the creator dude chickened out and didn't want that clear cut bleak ending.

That would've made the ending so piff in retrospect:banderas:

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I just finished episode 4. Should I watch bent kneck lady tonight or just wait until the morning :francis: is it really that scary or am I bytching out