Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Greg seems like a true imbecile though. He's not even that fun to watch.
He's at least *a little* smarter than he seemed at first. For example, I thought he was a total moron because he had no cab fare. But the reason he had no cab fare was because he let Shiv steal his last $20 bill to buy diet Cokes from the vending machine. From this, he concluded that she was the most "bossy" of all the siblings and used that information to back her and conveniently "forget" to look for the documents Roman wanted him to sign.

So, maybe he made the wrong decision, but at least there was some level of logic behind it.

This episode they're making fun of him because of his cheap shoes and using dog poop bags to take the free cookies home from the office, but that's just because he's broke. The fact that he's used to not having money might give him an advantage over the siblings that are used to having everything just handed to him.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
You have terrible taste
i just watched the episode that came out two weeks ago, that is supposedly their version of Hardhomme, it was mildly tolerable at best, I can't stand Evan Rachel Wood, she is pretty but not a lead, the ship sailed on James Marsden years ago. Thandie Newton (at this stage in her career) and Tessa Thompson (overrated) are character actors at best. I know they went out they way to make Tessa Thompson look homely, they shouldn't have been that successful with it, Hallie was still hot as a crackhead and a single mother

there is more, but I will leave it at that

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
He's at least *a little* smarter than he seemed at first. For example, I thought he was a total moron because he had no cab fare. But the reason he had no cab fare was because he let Shiv steal his last $20 bill to buy diet Cokes from the vending machine. From this, he concluded that she was the most "bossy" of all the siblings and used that information to back her and conveniently "forget" to look for the documents Roman wanted him to sign.

So, maybe he made the wrong decision, but at least there was some level of logic behind it.

This episode they're making fun of him because of his cheap shoes and using dog poop bags to take the free cookies home from the office, but that's just because he's broke. The fact that he's used to not having money might give him an advantage over the siblings that are used to having everything just handed to him.

I guess my issue with him is, I don't understand how he is so broke. He is clearly a cousin to a billionaire family, where his grandfather is Logan Roy's brother. So he's connected but not by marriage, but by blood. He was so broke, he didn't even have a credit card? Like not a single one? Why would it have taken him this long to realize he needed to connect to his family to get work.

The character is currently not working for me unfortunately. They have one throwaway line from his mother saying she's not going to give him anymore money, but if he called her and said he got a job in the family business, surely she could wire transfer him $100 bucks or something.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I guess my issue with him is, I don't understand how he is so broke. He is clearly a cousin to a billionaire family, where his grandfather is Logan Roy's brother. So he's connected but not by marriage, but by blood. He was so broke, he didn't even have a credit card? Like not a single one? Why would it have taken him this long to realize he needed to connect to his family to get work.

The character is currently not working for me unfortunately. They have one throwaway line from his mother saying she's not going to give him anymore money, but if he called her and said he got a job in the family business, surely she could wire transfer him $100 bucks or something.

he said his credit card was maxed out, maybe that is just the way they wrote the character

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Sounds like Logan is estranged from Greg's grandfather, therefore leaving him out of the money. Remember he said his Grand Dad wished him happy birthday but then downgraded it to he mentioned you when I spoke to him. lol
Greg is actually my favorite character besides Logan, he has the most comic relief and I agree that they are setting him up to be shrewder then all his cousins. He knows Kendall's equity deal is not in the company's best interest from seeing dude in the park with the competition. I don't think any of the siblings know that.
Kendall is a well meaning guy but not too bright.
Shiv is a biatch.
And Roman seems like a real impulsive guy who really doesn't give a shyt.
And the older brother is like an entitled guy living in rural community thinking he is self made but was born with everything.

Greg is more likable than all of them.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

In the pilot, when Greg told Logan that his grandfather suggested asking Logan for a job in the Theme Park division, Logan kept shutting him up and saying "My brother ought to ask me for a favor himself". Clearly, they hate each other, and I doubt Greg's grandfather has any money at all.

I think Logan just kept Greg about before the stroke as a way to show his own kids that they are spoiled and he has the option to "replace" then with a hungrier kid (that doesn't even care about)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
how is everyone is unlikable in this show...? well maybe the wife..

They're ALL unlikeable, including the wife. When they wanted to move Logan to a better hospital she went "NO, I'm the next of kin, I make the rules. He says here!". Even without the signed papers giving her more control, I get the impression she would be OK if she could just collect her inheritance already.

There's also something going on with her past. She had enough connections to hide everything in her life up to her marriage to an arms dealer, and still has enough connections to see Shiv's private investigator a mile away.

After hearing all the British accents in the behind the scenes interviews about this show, I think there's also an element of "British people making fun of the closest thing to an American royal family" behind the writing on this.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They're ALL unlikeable, including the wife. When they wanted to move Logan to a better hospital she went "NO, I'm the next of kin, I make the rules. He says here!". Even without the signed papers giving her more control, I get the impression she would be OK if she could just collect her inheritance already.

There's also something going on with her past. She had enough connections to hide everything in her life up to her marriage to an arms dealer, and still has enough connections to see Shiv's private investigator a mile away.

After hearing all the British accents in the behind the scenes interviews about this show, I think there's also an element of "British people making fun of the closest thing to an American royal family" behind the writing on this.
She doesn't need the signed papers. It's true, wife outranks kids as far as next of kin. And really Shiv had no reason to move him except her wanting more control. There's no guarantee her doctor would be better.
I'm wait and see on the wife. Logan really likes her, more than he likes his kids. There must be a reason.