Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I missed about 20 minutes in the middle but I liked what I saw so far. I like mulkuly culkins brother in it, he's not likable but I like the job he's doing so far with the character

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I missed about 20 minutes in the middle but I liked what I saw so far. I like mulkuly culkins brother in it, he's not likable but I like the job he's doing so far with the character
None of the actors are bad actually. Some better than others but everyone is doing a good job so far.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I’m trying to make it through this first episode. Idk... I’m still on my Billions wave on showtime, so maybe my expectations are too high with Succession. I find it a little slow but first eps like this need the character development and background explained, in order to build up the story arch. I’m at the part where they’re taking the helicopters to their game, Im trying to stick it out to the end of this ep.

DSGB

Pro
Daps
For these shows, it's best to let 4-5 episodes queue up to allow the producers to craft a good show. I did the same w/ Billions and many other shows. i don't like waiting a month to learn all the characters and plot.

Let it queue and binge it to see what we have here.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
First episode wasn't that good, but it interested me enough to give it at least 1 more episode before I give up.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
For these shows, it's best to let 4-5 episodes queue up to allow the producers to craft a good show. I did the same w/ Billions and many other shows. i don't like waiting a month to learn all the characters and plot.

Let it queue and binge it to see what we have here.
Thats what i am doing. Probably will DVR the whole season before watching, actually.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It seemed like a serious arrested development to me. I’m in for the whole season. :yeshrug:

That's what I didn't get until the second episode:
The correct way to watch this is primarily as a comedy pretending to be serious. It's far closer to "Arrested Development" than "Billions". I still don't know everyone's names, but I'm starting to see parallels between almost each family member and a member of the Bluth family. These people are ALL idiots. Like the kid who looked at the taxi driver and the doorman and said "OK...you guys need to work this out between yourselves, because I don't have $14 on me". Then, the revelation at the end that the company's broke?

It's not laugh out loud funny like Arrested Development or Veep, but it IS a satire. It's probably HBO's first hour long "dramedy".

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Now that I realize that I looked at the pilot the wrong way, I re-watched it today.
It's definitely written as a comedy, its just that the actors' comedy timing in the pilot was off and visually it's filmed to look dark.

On second viewing, I suspect that the wife may have poisoned him. The first time I didn't catch that the new agreement gives her double voting power in the even of his death.