Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Is this good? Any tv show equivalent?

It’s good but it is a bit niche,not going to be for everyone.

It’s like a little bit of Billions,a little bit of arrested development and a touch of the film the big short.

Like if you loved the big short and billions you’d like this I think.

I would add that it's *written* like an Arrested Development-style comedy, but its not *acted* like a comedy. There's very little "comedic" line reading, musical cues, or voiceovers to tell you when to laugh. Other than the fact that the pilot had some "sitcom"-style camera movement, if you're only halfway paying attention it doesn't look like a comedy at all. It LOOKS like House of Cards or something.

This might sound like faint praise, but if you slapped a laugh track on this and added exaggerated pauses for laughter, this show would IMO get more laughs than something like "Big Bang Theory".

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It’s good but it is a bit niche,not going to be for everyone.

It’s like a little bit of Billions,a little bit of arrested development and a touch of the film the big short.

Like if you loved the big short and billions you’d like this I think.

daemonova

Daps
This might sound like faint praise, but if you slapped a laugh track on this and added exaggerated pauses for laughter, this show would IMO get more laughs than something like "Big Bang Theory".
Isn't big bang theory currently the highest rated show on television? :krs:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
He told Gerri about Tom's planned press conference about the theme parks paying off people and sweeping maleficence under the rug. Tom confronted him and he denied denied until dude believed him. Now dude thinks his wife snitched him out. lol

Greg is the REAL outsider let into the chicken coop to eat them all one by one.
And they'll never see him coming because they think he's an idiot. If he can get the blame pinned on Tom, before you know it he'll be head of the theme parks and cruise lines and moving up.

Even back in the pilot he was talking about strategizing to figure out who's the most power figure in the family to get behind. For now, it's Gerri.

He also knows about Stewie meeting with the guy from that other company. Since it hasn't come up again, it looks like he might be keeping that info to himself until he figures out how to use it to his advantage.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Greg is the REAL outsider let into the chicken coop to eat them all one by one.
And they'll never see him coming because they think he's an idiot.
If he can get the blame pinned on Tom, before you know it he'll be head of the theme parks and cruise lines and moving up.

Even back in the pilot he was talking about strategizing to figure out who's the most power figure in the family to get behind. For now, it's Gerri.

He also knows about Stewie meeting with the guy from that other company. Since it hasn't come up again, it looks like he might be keeping that info to himself until he figures out how to use it to his advantage.

Greg is an idiot but you are still right that he's the wolf let into the chicken coop. My only question is will Greg eat them all because he gets used by someone as a weapon (Logan, Logan's Wife, the asian content platform guy) or will Greg eat them all because he figures out the game?

daemonova

Daps

Do you like to have sex and travel? Moms looking at that prenup with them situation glasses

Last edited:

daemonova

Daps
That little kid was like toughen up, old man

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I wasn't sure how I felt about Roman but it's official I don't like him. So yeah, all of Logan's kids are not likable. Kendall is the least repulsive but he is kinda sniveling and clueless. His line about loyalty being a member of Wu Tang was chuckle worthy tho.
I really hope Greg gets somewhere significant in the company. Him shredding, making copies while talk to himself in that sing songy way was funny/charming.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't sure how I felt about Roman but it's official I don't like him. So yeah, all of Logan's kids are not likable. Kendall is the least repulsive but he is kinda sniveling and clueless. His line about loyalty being a member of Wu Tang was chuckle worthy tho.
I really hope Greg gets somewhere significant in the company. Him shredding, making copies while talk to himself in that sing songy way was funny/charming.
I actually am ok with Roman because he seems the most upfront about everything. He doesn’t really hide his motives. If he doesn’t fukk with you he’ll just say it. Dude is just a weird a$$hole and doesn’t hide it. Also, the first day on the job he jacked off on the window which was fukking hilarious to me.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Greg was looking at the papers he was shredding, then stuck one folder's worth in his backpack. He's smart enough to be planning for the inevitable moment when Tom tries to make him take the blame for the coverup. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to forge the log book entries to make it look like he wasn't there, then hides the folder in Tom's desk someday.

Logan's plan to take over all local news stations seems to be inspired by the "Sinclair" news stories that came out earlier this year, but Kendall and Roman aren't smart enough to see the devious logic behind it.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
Logan's plan to take over all local news stations seems to be inspired by the "Sinclair" news stories that came out earlier this year, but Kendall and Roman aren't smart enough to see the devious logic behind it.

Kendall saw the plan but he doesn't want to deal with the PR/anti-trust fallout from it.

Marcia and Shiv are the only non-pathetic characters right now, Roman too but he's a walking lawsuit.