Official Stranger Things Season 2 Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
shyt starting with my two least favorite people. Bald mouth and the terribly acting black kid :smh:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Barely getting good now?:hhh:

What you mean. It started kinda slow. Picked up around episode 3-4.

Now I'm going into episode 7 and it's :whoo:

Let's see how this ends cause they still got a lot to explain:manny:

And eleven ain't even in this series much so far I thought she was the star:beli: she ain't really do anything but eat egos and watch tv with a blindfold on:snoop:

This new girl gotya go:camby:

Black kid got himself a "pawg" though I'm sure the coli likes that :banderas:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Before I burn through this, When is season 3 coming? Next October?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
There was no way they were going to recapture the magic of the first season. I went into this season aware of that. That said, it was definitely enjoyable. My gripes with this season aren't that huge. Eleven and her relationship with the boys was a main part of the charm of the first season. Not having that dynamic for the vast majority of the season made this feel like an almost different show. Eight's character seemed completely underutilized. Basically Eleven's whole story once she discovered the identity of her mother seemed extremely rushed. That cold have easily been half a season worth of material and back story to explore. I think they should have done Eleven's return to our world and her growing relationship with Hopper as its own self contained episode. We know Hopper sees her as a daughter figure, but I don't think it's conveyed correctly when it shares screentime with so many other storylines. I like the Maxine character but I kept waiting for some sort of payoff with her and her brother being introduced to town. She gets a whole episode titled after her to essentially just end up being Lucas' love interest. The brother seems to be there to...I honestly have no idea what his role is, to be honest. I'd have liked for Bob to survive. His character had potential.

But I did genuinely like this season, doe. The kid who plays Dustin is gonna be a star one day. He had an even better performance than last season, which is saying a lot. Somehow, they got me to genuinely like Steve as a character. Last season it was impressive that they didn't go the cliche bully route with him but I never thought he'd become a character I would like. Winona Ryder toned it down a little this season and was better than last season. David Harbour did a great job too. The investigative reporter was hilarious. Mike's character took a step back for me this season. Will's only a viable character when he's unconscious. Not his fault, doe. Nancy and Johnathan work well enough together on screen, but finding justice for Barb was a somewhat flimsy excuse for what was essentially a love triangle.

The overall plot this season was compelling enough. There was a sizable contingent of people who thought a second season wasn't necessary at the end of last season. I was for a second season and the plot of this season was the natural progression of how things left off. I feel this time though, a third season isn't necessary. The Snow Ball dance ties a pretty neat bow on things and part of me is tempted to say the very last scene of this season feels tacked on for the sake of continuing the story. But from what I've read, the Duffer Bros want this to go 4 or 5 seasons. If so, they need to make it worthwhile. They need to make the Upside Down a lot more compelling than it became this season. I went from being very intrigued by it last season to kind of viewing it as a barren, uninteresting world full of brain dead monsters and their shadow leader. Hopefully there is more to it than that. Eleven's back story needs to be a big part of future seasons. That includes her mom and Eight/Kali (and 1-7, 9 & 10, and any others). Dr. Brenner will most likely play some sort of role. I really hope there's a concrete destination these guys are working towards because I would hate for this show to end up being viewed poorly because it needlessly went on too long.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just finished it. Haven't read the thread but here's some thoughts:

Thought it was fantastic overall. I got a bit worried on the first ep as there were like 8 pop songs in the first 16 min. I was like we get it, this is the 80s. Thankfully that pretty much ended there and it went back to the 80s synth type score.

Definitely more horror leaning this year. Thought some moments were terrifying. shyt damn near turned into an excorcism movie at one point.

You can definitely see the increased budget overall. A lot more cgi though so not sure how that will age.

I thought casting Sean Astin as Winona's bf was a perfect nostalgia touch for people my age. We grew up on him with Goonies and LOTR and he was great. Easy peazy brehs.

I was impressed with the kid who played Will Byers now that he actually got screen time this year. Dustin is still my favorite though.

They paid homage to Under the Skin with the black out scenes.

There were definitely some thrilling sequences and some surprisingly touching ones too. I got annoyed that it took so long for 11 to be reunited with the kids , but it paid off to me with the touching reunion. Felt bad for Dustin at the dance too.

Overall The Duffer Brothers did it again and I can't wait for season 3.

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Just finished the season. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as great as the first season.

Kid who played Will has some legit acting chops. Glad he got to show off his abilities this season.

Steve was low key the MVP of the season. Dude is straight up the equivalent of Jamie Lannister. Started off as a despicable heel to turn into the redeemable babyface.

I liked the storyline with 8, but it was out of place in the season. They should've had that episode in the season sooner. If the series continues, they need to have a struggle between 1-11 :ehh:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
This doesn't seem as special the second go-around.

The first season came out of nowhere and was so fresh, took me by surprise.