Official Stranger Things Season 2 Thread

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Finished watching it last night. Had it not been for the moving "IT" I would have never checked the series out. Kind of getting this sense that we'll be seeing more "teenage superhero" movie/TV show era soon which is the feeling I got from this season but it was dope. 11 was dope and the scene where Hopper pissed her off was funny as hell too.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't get into the theories about the show and all that stuff cause it's not fun to me lol but from a thematic standpoint, this show is always awesome and on point. Really enjoyed this season, possibly more than the first because I got through most of it in one sitting starting last night and going into early early this morning.

The horror elements worked, and the romance too, along with adding in the coming of age and teen angst stuff. All of the stuff with just the kids was on point and they threw in freaky and unsettling imagery also. The show is comfort food at this point

Also, the pull out joke was:russ:

And props to Lucas for getting him some:salute:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not reading through the thread because I'm not finished. But:

Is this Billy guy racist? What you brehs think? Felt some kind of way about that "stay away from those people" scene. :wtb:
I think it was implied that he's racist as well as possibly gay

Mike annoying as shyt this season... acting like a b!tch

They definitely made Mike much more unlikable this season, and that's one of the few gripes I had with it. I didn't understand why he was so much of an a$$hole to Max. I get why he would be, but I also thought they overplayed it to the point where he seemed overly bytch-made about it. Kid's a dope actor though.

I also wonder if they gave him less to do this season because maybe he was busy filming IT?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Reagan/Bush 84:martin::mjpls:
I actually thought that was done well. The show has a solid timeline, and takes place in the fall of 1984. So it would make sense that you'd see signs for that in a suburb in Indiana. Terminator is in theaters on the show and was released in October of 1984. So that makes sense. Ghostbusters came out in June of 1984, so it makes sense they'd dress up as them for Halloween. In 1984 Ronald Reagan and George H. Bush ran for president/VP against Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro. If they had a sign that said Mondale/Ferraro no one knows those names, but Bush and Reagan are names that everyone knows.

I thought it was great for putting you in that timeline.

Also, I thought one of the better sub-lots was Lucas and his experience as one of the only black people in such a white bread town, and I thought his friends wanting him to be Winston in Ghostbusters for Halloween as well as seeing signs like Reagan/Bush helped you see that Lucas was in a very white semi-hick town.

Ok just finished....um what's that ending mean?:mjlol:

IMO I took it as the Mind Flayer not giving up, despite the door to the upside down being closed, and that it's angry and wants revenge and is not going to just go away.

So the ending just showed that even though everything is fine in our world, in the upside down the Mind Flayer is still in Hawkins and is where the kids are, and will try to find a way back.