Official Stranger Things Season 2 Thread

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Doesn't pick up to episode 4's end.
I'm very disappointed with all the ground work laid last season, for them to come out with season two and waste half of it on some bullshyt recap/where are they now shyt, go over some of the same relationships last season, while minimizing the boys time on screen together (the foundation of the first season), giving L too little screen time, but salvaged by her and Hooper's relationship, and not going into the other kids who are out in the wild like L by episode 4.
Only 5 more left.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Revisiting the teaser from last August,

does anyone know what the brain or the palace were?

Also, this says the lost brother and episode 7 ended up being called the lost sister. So was 11 originally meant to have a brother instead of a sister?
:patrice:

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Doesn't pick up to episode 4's end.
I'm very disappointed with all the ground work laid last season, for them to come out with season two and waste half of it on some bullshyt recap/where are they now shyt, go over some of the same relationships last season, while minimizing the boys time on screen together (the foundation of the first season), giving L too little screen time, but salvaged by her and Hooper's relationship, and not going into the other kids who are out in the wild like L by episode 4.
Only 5 more left.
The last 5 are significantly better than the first 4, minus episode 7, which was a bit weird to me.

I definitely wished they had spent maybe 2 episodes on catching up, instead of 3-4. I felt like there was a lot of recapping.

That said, I still really enjoy the show. I try to not be biased since I went to school with the creators. I thought S1 was better, but I thought they did a pretty good job on S2. They had high expectations and in many ways I think a second season would be difficult to make. If anything, I think they almost went too big for season 2, but if S1 was a 4.5/5 then I'd give this season a solid 4. Or if you think S1 was a 4 then I'd give this one a 3.5.

I don't think Stranger Things is an elite level show, if that makes any sense, but I enjoy watching it as much as I do anything else...a lot of it is nostalgia. Even the name Eno river was inspired by a river right near where we grew up. Lots of nods to not only my childhood but the actual place where we grew up.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Finished episode 3. Will got violated :picard:
The way they cut back to Bon trying to help Will conquer his fears made that even more scary IMO.

That was legit a little bit disturbing. Poor kid was scared and tried to face his fears and tell that giant monster to go away and leave him alone and the monster was just like

:russ:
:demonic:
:win:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I binge watch the entire series and I have an major issue with one character

Bob leave the gun behind AND STOP AND SMILE WHEN HE SAW JOYCE WHEN THE MONSTER WAS CHASING HIM LITERALLY JUST A COUPLE SECONDS AGO?????????????

side-eye-gif-9.gif

Yeah that shyt was stupid and hella telegraphed. As soon as he stopped and smiled at her I knew his ass was gone.

I thought he was gonna get caught with the safety on. When Hopper was showing him how to use the gun, and he explained the safety, I was like

:mindblown: Just leave the safety off!!!

Meh season, 11's storyline was :trash: and took up a lot of time
It bugged me too. I was hoping for something more/different with either her mother or Papa

RIP Bob. His death pissed me off tho
11 was going super saiyan at the end. Also I hope they bring back the Mind Flayer for Season 3.

Based on the final shot of the last episode I think they will

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
for those who already finished here my quick review.
Stranger things season 2 was feeling meh but man a few episodes here and there, especially the last two were on point. I don't know if this makes any sense but sometimes the show didn't feel like stranger things. Especially episode 7. I mean 11 learned how to use her skills better that episode. But I thought the entire episode was trash. Plus I don't like the characters of her sister and her crew. They felt like force cliche 80s characters instead of stranger things being based in the 80s.
11 entire story line was trash. but once she got back with the crew things were fire.

Also is it just me. Or is it when Will is gone, missing, passed out, etc.. those episodes are the best? I don't know why but it just felt like the best moments are always with out him. I like him as a character tho.

I have no opinion on the red hair chick really. She most likely was put in the female group to have a female presence since 11 was separated most of the season.
Her step brother killed that role in my opinion though.

Overall, I give this a 8/10. A little disappointing at first. And its only disappointing because a series like Stranger Things you are gonna put on a higher level of expectations. It does feel like one of those seasons that will set up for a bigger and better season next year. So I'm excited to see where they go. But with 11 getting over her past, hopefully her sister never comes back, and her past sob story is completely done with snd this something happened to will every season stops. Season 3 needs to be refreshing on every corner of the story.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
for those who already finished here my quick review.
Stranger things season 2 was feeling meh but man a few episodes here and there, especially the last two were on point. I don't know if this makes any sense but sometimes the show didn't feel like stranger things. Especially episode 7. I mean 11 learned how to use her skills better that episode. But I thought the entire episode was trash. Plus I don't like the characters of her sister and her crew. They felt like force cliche 80s characters instead of stranger things being based in the 80s.
11 entire story line was trash. but once she got back with the crew things were fire.

Also is it just me. Or is it when Will is gone, missing, passed out, etc.. those episodes are the best? I don't know why but it just felt like the best moments are always with out him. I like him as a character tho.

I have no opinion on the red hair chick really. She most likely was put in the female group to have a female presence since 11 was separated most of the season.
Her step brother killed that role in my opinion though.

Overall, I give this a 8/10. A little disappointing at first. And its only disappointing because a series like Stranger Things you are gonna put on a higher level of expectations. It does feel like one of those seasons that will set up for a bigger and better season next year. So I'm excited to see where they go. But with 11 getting over her past, hopefully her sister never comes back, and her past sob story is completely done with snd this something happened to will every season stops. Season 3 needs to be refreshing on every corner of the story.
Agreed. IMO for better or worse I think we will end up giving my grade for season 2 either a slight upgrade or downgrade depending on how season 3 goes.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Just about finished. Like brev, this shyt really doesn't know what it wants to be. It's like alien meets the X men meets resident evil meets the exorcist meets cloverfield. Like fam pick a lane