Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I'm saying these brehs legit bugging. I'm watching Japanese wrestling as I type on that bih, and about to play Dota in a spell.

Even though the Ally is official, let's not forget the issues with the analog stick, Asus track record, its overkill throttling, burning and bricking SD cards, and most of all...the bloated Windows problem.

Steam Deck made me appreciate the hell out of Linux and once I make my PC again in due time, I'm going full fledge Linux as my main OS.

Dudes expect PS5 Xbox Series level performance with a handheld. Yall should know what to expect with this device

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
My shyt has been collecting dust for a while now. I might have to put it in the closet as well.

I guess the niche factor wore off :manny:
I don’t really use mine at home but as someone who travels quite a bit my Deck still gets plenty of use. If you don’t have a need for a handheld then yeah it’s not gonna be much better than a PC/Console

One of the best parts about it basically being a portable PC is that you can still mod games for the most part(which I basically do whenever I can lol)

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I don’t really use mine at home but as someone who travels quite a bit my Deck still gets plenty of use. If you don’t have a need for a handheld then yeah it’s not gonna be much better than a PC/Console
I really wanted it to replace my modded Switch for emulation but yeah, it was never gonna have much play with me beyond that. Not mad or anything, it’s a dope device :manny:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Brehs that are moving on, is it because of the lack of power compared to Ally, Deck being Linux based, or the feeling wore off?

For some strange reason, this jawn just hits different despite its limitations. Sometimes, I do feel annoyed with the blatant issues (especially involving certain games like WWE 2K23). Beyond that, this is the closest thing to my passion for the PS Vita.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Brehs that are moving on, is it because of the lack of power compared to Ally, Deck being Linux based, or the feeling wore off?

For some strange reason, this jawn just hits different despite its limitations. Sometimes, I do feel annoyed with the blatant issues (especially involving certain games like WWE 2K23). Beyond that, this is the closest thing to my passion for the PS Vita.

I got tired of checking ProtonDB everytime I wanted to buy a game, and I mostly buy older, cheap, games (Last Gen or earlier). Also, once I heard that the Ally was quieter and lighter, I took a leap of faith. I still love and recommend the Steam Deck, especially give it's price. I just couldn't justify owning both. I'm still subscribed to a few Steam Deck Youtubers.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I got tired of checking ProtonDB everytime I wanted to buy a game, and I mostly buy older, cheap, games (Last Gen or earlier). Also, once I heard that the Ally was quieter and lighter, I took a leap of faith. I still love and recommend the Steam Deck, especially give it's price. I just couldn't justify owning both. I'm still subscribed to a few Steam Deck Youtubers.

Yeah dealing with Proton swapping is a big pain in the neck. I don't mind it, but good grief, It's hard to justify to folks that are used to the "works out of the box" Windows brehs :francis: . Another issue is the shader cache foolishness. I got to legit clear off some games I'm not using because of it taking so much space.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
It's hilarious how every Youtuber is now using the phrase "Its just works" regarding the Steam Deck, now that the Ally is out. I did far more tweaking and adjustments with the Steam Deck than I do with my Ally.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's hilarious how every Youtuber is now using the phrase "Its just works" regarding the Steam Deck, now that the Ally is out. I did far more tweaking and adjustments with the Steam Deck than I do with my Ally.
That's a fact.

The hoops you have to jump through just to mod XCOM 2 on the Deck :scust:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
It seemed like the only issue with the Ally is actually dealing with the overkill install out of the box and updating the session. If you are used to Windows, its basically a coffee and gumbo break.

Also, I found out about a app to get rid of the bloatware which got me like :lupe:. But I'm trying to focus hard on the full Linux gaming built when the purse gets filled with coin.