Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Brehs that are moving on, is it because of the lack of power compared to Ally, Deck being Linux based, or the feeling wore off?

For some strange reason, this jawn just hits different despite its limitations. Sometimes, I do feel annoyed with the blatant issues (especially involving certain games like WWE 2K23). Beyond that, this is the closest thing to my passion for the PS Vita.
The Ally is more powerful, the screen is INCREDIBLY better, and Windows is far easier to work with than Linux.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Yeah dealing with Proton swapping is a big pain in the neck. I don't mind it, but good grief, It's hard to justify to folks that are used to the "works out of the box" Windows brehs :francis: . Another issue is the shader cache foolishness. I got to legit clear off some games I'm not using because of it taking so much space.
Lord I forgot about this.

It feels so damn good to use Steam and not have to spend minutes downloading shader caches every time I boot it up.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
That's a fact.

The hoops you have to jump through just to mod XCOM 2 on the Deck :scust:

:deadrose:Going from Game Mode to Desktop mode is like a Jigsaw trap. The damn penguin hitting the:

its-time-jigsaw.gif

Ya ass gonna learn today the methods of Sudu, terminal, and Wine goddammit :ufdup:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I'm.not spending another 500 plus on a hand held and I'm good with the steam travelling again in a month and it always does the job.

That's where I'm at. Two handhelds will mess with my OCD. I like the ability to just have the Deck as an all around machine, while the build I'm working on to be the homebody gaming machine.

I'm not going back to Windows once it's said and done.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That's where I'm at. Two handhelds will mess with my OCD. I like the ability to just have the Deck as an all around machine, while the build I'm working on to be the homebody gaming machine.

I'm not going back to Windows once it's said and done.

Yup
I also bought a portable monitor on prime day

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Sighs. I been trying to make Watch Dogs Legions work on the Deck ala Epic Games launcher and ala bullshyt Ubishyt launcher. Boy let me tell you, its a frustrating experience. I had to go through Heroic, download launchers, then have to use Lutris in hopes for the game to actually work because Ubishyt is being shyt.

God for the love of me I hope Ass Creed flops, so this company can die finally.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
dope…what tablet is that?

Portable monitor not a tablet

Technology :blessed:

One cable to the steam deck and voila

I'ma have this on the plane