Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The resale value of Steam Decks is very low right now, especially with the current Steam Sale. I sold my 256gb Model with a 512gb SD card for $400. Any lower, and I would have kept it or given it away to a family member.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I should take advantage of this sale and skip the Rog Ally? I figured I’d cop the 256g model so I get the screen & ssd without having to open it. I’m leaning strong towards that direction.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I should take advantage of this sale and skip the Rog Ally? I figured I’d cop the 256g model so I get the screen & ssd without having to open it. I’m leaning strong towards that direction.
What are you trying to do with the deck?
Like play play gamepass games, if so the ally is a better choice.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are you trying to do with the deck?
Like play play gamepass games, if so the ally is a better choice.
I’m trying to play games all the way to 360 era. What are the issues with gamepass on the deck? I know you can install windows on the deck for that are there any known issues?

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m trying to play games all the way to 360 era. What are the issues with gamepass on the deck? I know you can install windows on the deck for that are there any known issues?
No, issues just inconvenient that you can't download your games to the deck.
The ally can run the games especially the 360, PS3 games better.
I have run a couple of games on the deck the fan gets loud, deck gets hot, but they run pretty well
If you go steam deck you could try getting the 64gb and then upgrade the storage yourself, if you want to save yourself some money.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, issues just inconvenient that you can't download your games to the deck.
The ally can run the games especially the 360, PS3 games better.
I have run a couple of games on the deck the fan gets loud, deck gets hot, but they run pretty well
If you go steam deck you could try getting the 64gb and then upgrade the storage yourself, if you want to save yourself some money.

Good info. Yeah I wanted to avoid opening it myself that’s why I was gonna get the 256 model. The deck running hot is a lil concerning, but I’m nervous about the long term viability on ASUS end. Does Steam run well on the Rog?

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good info. Yeah I wanted to avoid opening it myself that’s why I was gonna get the 256 model. The deck running hot is a lil concerning, but I’m nervous about the long term viability on ASUS end. Does Steam run well on the Rog?
Let me correct myself I meant when it runs PS3 games. Running PC games it works fine, hardly any fan noise.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
starting playing some of my larger games via streaming on Moonlight. It's way better than Steam remote play. No noticeable input lag and verry minimal stuttering.

I recommend everyone try it out

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
ive been playing a lot of nba streets vol 2, backyard baseball, hot shots golf, and ready 2 rumble.
finished ffta 2 again on here. fired up viewtiful joe 2 last night for a while

i always lust for those emulation devices eta prime and 'em review, this quietly became that. basically got my gamecube back and then some

only official steam game i finished on here is cyberpunk

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
ive been playing a lot of nba streets vol 2, backyard baseball, hot shots golf, and ready 2 rumble.
finished ffta 2 again on here. fired up viewtiful joe 2 last night for a while

i always lust for those emulation devices eta prime and 'em review, this quietly became that. basically got my gamecube back and then some

only official steam game i finished on here is cyberpunk

Damn i might get that nba street for my younger boys and see if they like it