Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I bought one of these during the sale. Does anybody else's lag like crazy when it's not in a game? The OS is so unresponsive for me. Navigating through menus, pressing the Steam button, turning the system on/off, typing on the keyboard, etc. My touch screen feels off too. The button press is registered below where my finger is.

Did they disable Adaptive Brightness? It's turned off and grayed out on my system.

Last edited:

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bought one of these during the sale. Does anybody else's lag like crazy when it's not in a game? The OS is so unresponsive for me. Navigating through menus, pressing the Steam button, turning the system on/off, typing on the keyboard, etc. My touch screen feels off too. The button press is registered below where my finger is.

Did they disable Adaptive Brightness? It's turned off and grayed out on my system.

Sounds like you need to reinstall SteamOS.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I've officially retired my Deck, meaning I've put it in the closet. :francis:
My shyt has been collecting dust for a while now. I might have to put it in the closet as well.

I guess the niche factor wore off :manny:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My shyt has been collecting dust for a while now. I might have to put it in the closet as well.

I guess the niche factor wore off :manny:

I used mine while waiting to get my tire changed…just got my passport and am open to traveling again…haven’t really traveled since the pandemic…so it should get a lot more use then…once in a while I sit on the couch and use it

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yall tripping my jawn still in motion.

I'm saying these brehs legit bugging. I'm watching Japanese wrestling as I type on that bih, and about to play Dota in a spell.

Even though the Ally is official, let's not forget the issues with the analog stick, Asus track record, its overkill throttling, burning and bricking SD cards, and most of all...the bloated Windows problem.

Steam Deck made me appreciate the hell out of Linux and once I make my PC again in due time, I'm going full fledge Linux as my main OS.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Be weary because some of those "verified" games are cap. Meaning, you may get some hiccups especially involving using certain protons to get the best performance.
I noticed that. I try to look at the discussion section to see if they have any steam deck talk. They need a better system for verification.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I noticed that. I try to look at the discussion section to see if they have any steam deck talk. They need a better system for verification.

I swear to this website for the scoops on verifications:

Besides the decky loader plugin to show which games are legit, this site actually gives the rundown of which games you got to tinker with, or able to run out the box.