Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
hogwarts you can get for cheap on steam

dont care for it though

Hogwarts to save $6.34 off
Code is valid with vendor called Ready2play (9.92 rating w/100k+ sales)
Key price will fluctuate.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Been out the game for a while :flabbynsick:

As someone who sits at a computer all day, after my son has gone to bed, i just wanna chill and game on the sofa or in my office but not be tied down, this sounds ideal.

My switch has been cool (also switch emulation?:gucci:) and saved me with all the travelling I did last year but I'm missing out on the big releases cause I just cant be assed with my PC

Few questions

In regards to emulation, do i need to interface with my PC alot or can I do it all from the deck?

Hows the heat? I dont mind a mind a mediumish quality if I can get the games to run well and the fans dont make too much noise

As someone who flys alot for work, any must have accessories? Am I playing myself by not getting the anti glare?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

As someone who sits at a computer all day, after my son has gone to bed, i just wanna chill and game on the sofa or in my office but not be tied down, this sounds ideal.

My switch has been cool (also switch emulation?:gucci:) and saved me with all the travelling I did last year but I'm missing out on the big releases cause I just cant be assed with my PC

Few questions

In regards to emulation, do i need to interface with my PC alot or can I do it all from the deck?

Hows the heat? I dont mind a mind a mediumish quality if I can get the games to run well and the fans dont make too much noise

As someone who flys alot for work, any must have accessories? Am I playing myself by not getting the anti glare?

1. You can do everything in the Desktop side of the Deck (Desktop mode)
  2. The heat is pretty standard and the fan is loud but not turbine loud
  3. If you get the 512gb model it comes with anti glare, but as far as accessories...maybe a power bank since the battery life is eh, if you are a flimsy breh, I recommend Project Killswitch:

As far as anti glare...I would get an anti glare shield because I took the jawn out yesterday while I went to my appointments....yeahhhhhh the screen is no bueno outside the house.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Few questions

You can do it mostly from the deck.
You can use emudeck which installs all the plays emulators on your steam deck.
You only need the PC to transfer games to it, I use synchrony to transfer games to my steam deck.
Look into lutris which can convert windows into games that can be sued on Linux on the steam deck.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Few questions

when you get this you'll never touch your switch again

I don't care for the anti glare , I'm never outside in the sun playing this

For someone who travels alot I'd cop a power bank min 65w and as well a travel wall 65w outlet

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
when you get this you'll never touch your switch again

I don't care for the anti glare , I'm never outside in the sun playing this

For someone who travels alot I'd cop a power bank min 65w and as well a travel wall 65w outlet

I ain't going to lie, I sold my Switch and never looked back. Used the money to cop more Steam games, the wife a V Day gift, and more stuff for WOW :wow:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
what are we playing on the stream deck brehs?

I put in like 60 hrs on mass effect legendary now its over :to:
XCOM 2: WotC

Said I was going back to Hogwarts today but this shyt is crack :ohlawd:

It's initially extremely infuriating because the game throws everything including the kitchen sink at you and it feels overwhelming...but when you finally build a decent squad and get some resources... :banderas:

I got it maxed out and locked at 30fps via performance and while there are still some drops at times, it's still way better than the console versions were.