Official Queen & Slim Thread

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Black villains?! Are you forgetting the Uncle, the police man, the mechanic, the whole blues bar?!

You man are tripping over the wrong thing just to hate the move because it was written by a black lesbian and stars to black British actors. It’s so see through.

I just finished watching the film and I liked it a lot. I agree the shooting of the black cop was not the best part of the film, few different directions I would have taken

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Gorgeous mediocrity. Whoever called this Belly 2019 was on point. Cinematography was exquisite but the story left A LOT to be desired and just kind of ends.

Slim is a fukking moron and Queen is a stuck up bytch who wasn't worth the bandwidth used to load the Tinder profile.

The kid and his "ghetto" father who got hit by their truck :snoop:

Said truck being stolen from the sheriff :skip:

That godawful gas station scene with Slim that almost made me cut this shyt off :mindblown::wtf::dahell::what::hhh:

These nikkas on the run but decide to go horseback riding because hey...the mention of slavery days will get us likes on Black Twitter :comeon:

The sex scene juxtaposed with the protest that ends with the mechanics kid killing a decent cop :mjtf:

The "it be your own people" cherry on top at the end :francis:

This could've been a better movie in more capable hands

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Gorgeous mediocrity. Whoever called this Belly 2019 was on point. Cinematography was exquisite but the story left A LOT to be desired and just kind of ends.

Slim is a fukking moron and Queen is a stuck up bytch who wasn't worth the bandwidth used to load the Tinder profile.

The kid and his "ghetto" father who got hit by their truck :snoop:

Said truck being stolen from the sheriff :skip:

That godawful gas station scene with Slim that almost made me cut this shyt off :mindblown::wtf::dahell::what::hhh:

These nikkas on the run but decide to go horseback riding because hey...the mention of slavery days will get us likes on Black Twitter :comeon:

The sex scene juxtaposed with the protest that ends with the mechanics kid killing a decent cop :mjtf:

The "it be your own people" cherry on top at the end :francis:

This could've been a better movie in more capable hands
It was the script.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Just saw this. It was cool up until

the kid shot the innocent policeman, I get what they trying to say but shooting innocent people is never the answer.

It's a cool flick. A bit to memey though. It's visually amazing though

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I shoulda waited to download the Blu-ray rip of this.

movie was wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long and relied too heavily on the music

Bokeem Woodbine did his thing and was a bright spot.

too much u realistic shyt in this movie to name.

- them rolling around in a loud ass car instead of simply stealing a Toyota Camry (the best selling car in America)

- wearing party clothes and waiting til damn half way thru the movie to cut their hair

- deciding on driving a trillion miles cross country and banking on a flight to Cuba instead of taking their asses to Mexico

- hanging out of the car window (and possibly getting stopped by the cops) instead of just driving and playing it cool

- pressing the mechanic to fix the car rather than just trade the car to him for another beater whip

- not simply laying loooooooow for like a month until the media hype died down

- deciding to stick together the entire time rather than have one escape to safety first and then the other would come like 5 months later

- not having a realistic idea where their money would come from. Having to rob a gas station for gas is ridiculous.

How was she a broke attorney? :dwillhuh:

why was daniel dressed like DMX in exit wounds?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Just saw this. It was cool up until

the kid shot the innocent policeman, I get what they trying to say but shooting innocent people is never the answer.

It's a cool flick. A bit to memey though. It's visually amazing though

Just watched it and felt the same. I really wasn’t sure what the point of the part in the spoiler was. Have no idea what it was supposed to signify. Seemed more shock value than anything.

Enjoyable movie though. The main chick was pretty nice, especially with the short hair. That panty bra set looked good on her too.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Just saw this recently. Wanted to like it but A LOT of idiotic plot points were sprinkled all over this shyt. Too many to ignore. I’m sure they’ve all been pointed out in here so I’m not gonna repeat. And the retarded ass ending at the airstrip was the cherry on top. The credits roll and I see Lena Waithe wrote the script. :upsetfavre:

Oh and I went back and saw several scenes with the commentary on hoping they would explain some of their retarded ass choices and of course they didn’t really explain or rationalize anything. Lena and the Director were commentating.

Just as an example, the reason they had the female cop kill Angela was because a lot of white women voted for Trump. :skip:

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Predictable plot armored shallow hotep nonsense filled with all the tropes you expect from liberal black hollywood. I see why Lena Waithe was getting mocked for her script writing on Twitter a couple of months back

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Person 1: We should do [Blank].
Person 2: Are you crazy? We need to get going.
Person 1: We have time.
Person 2: No we don't.
Person 1: COME ONNNNNNNNN!
Person 2: Fine.
Person 1: Good. Also, I'm hungry.

This kinda exchange happened way too much in the movie. And they were hungry all the damn time for a fugitive couple. God, so many dumb ass decisions they made in the 2nd half of the movie. And that protest/sex scene is one of the worst movie scenes in a while. That kid shooting the cop was Nutso-falling-off-the-roof level stupid.

So yeah, I hated it. Great soundtrack, though.