Official Queen & Slim Thread

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I shoulda waited to download the Blu-ray rip of this.

movie was wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long and relied too heavily on the music

Bokeem Woodbine did his thing and was a bright spot.

too much unrealistic shyt in this movie to name.

- them rolling around in a loud ass car instead of simply stealing a Toyota Camry (the best selling car in America)

- wearing party clothes and waiting til damn half way thru the movie to cut their hair

- deciding on driving a trillion miles cross country and banking on a flight to Cuba instead of taking their asses to Mexico

- hanging out of the car window (and possibly getting stopped by the cops) instead of just driving and playing it cool

- pressing the mechanic to fix the car rather than just trade the car to him for another beater whip

- not simply laying loooooooow for like a month until the media hype died down

- deciding to stick together the entire time rather than have one escape to safety first and then the other would come like 5 months later

- not having a realistic idea where their money would come from. Having to rob a gas station for gas is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Seen this today.... What was the point of this movie? No insight, No twist, No uplifting, No hidden meanings, No action, nothing . I at least thought they would lead a revolution or something . We already know this story . Nikkas get profiled and killed by the police, no justice for us...now what. At least let them get away, or let them get caught and exonerated. Movie was disappointing as hell.

Not to mention they push the “crabs in the barrel” stereotype with ol dude at the end .
Same thing with that Kerry Washington movie on Netflix. Not gonna give away what happened but it was pretty pointless police issue movie

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Imma need to see more but this movie never felt as tense as it should have.

She will get more chances tho since this movie is a hit.

I am happy we will see more of Melina Matsoukas. She is very talented and captures black people well.

Yeah the visuals were amazing. She honestly shoulda just went full Malick after reading that script

I agree about going Malick or even making it feel more like a fever dream similar to Beasts of the Southern Wild

I liked the movie, but there's a better film there...

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Movie should have been called Colored People Time cause thats exactly what Q&S were running on. They stretched tf out of this thin story to the max. Anyone else would have gotten they asses down to Miami asap. These 2 fukks be stopping to ride horses, dance, visit graves, etc which led directly to them being caught. Good movie, but they really should have cut like 40 mins.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Ok....is it me, or did their performances seem kinda "soulless"? Her aggressive attitude seems so forced, as if she was "acting like" an American black woman. Even the tired trope of black people having the age old "big Luther vs lil Luther" debate seemed like a paint by numbers attempt to be a "black American" film. Maybe its just me, but I watched a cast of B-level actresses and a rapper kill "Set It Off" and made me connect with the soul of the characters. For all the acclaim this movie is getting, I thought it would at least be a powerful performance by the characters. It wasn't. Anytime non acting Bokeem Woodbine steals the show, the acting was trash.

On a deeper level, I just didn't vibe with the representation of the black man in this movie. She's an attorney, buddy a cashier at Costco's; Slim character was weak and needed direction at every turn from the woman; first brother they encounter calling his old ladies bytches in front of his son; Bokeem and his harem of hoes that he even slaps around (even threw a tranny in the scene with half naked women so men watching the the movie that dont know the difference can maybe get an "accidental" lustful moment for a man and normalize it); the c00n mechanic that doesn't agree with what they did (self defense); random scene of black on black violence (black boy and black cop) that seemed unprovoked and unnecessary; and topped off with the money hungry c00n sellout from the trailer parks. Meanwhile, every white male in the movie was sympathetic and all of their shortcomings got explained away. Even the cop who was a dikk, had his actions explained away by having her "reach" for something. The sheriff had the drop on them and even up until the trunk closed, he was sympathetic. The bumbling idiot at the gas station paid for their gas in exchange for holding the gun. Flea and his wife doing their updated version of the underground railroad. Hell, even the white cop that called the black cop "boy" got off with a "you know what I mean" quip cause the black cop "read too much into it". This movie didnt stick with me.

:mjlol: Repped. Everything you said was on point. You hip to the game.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
best part of the movie, really

Daniel was good with what he was given, though.

the whole movie was damned good...i was thoroughly entertained..i wasnt excepting anything really even with the acclaim it was getting

music in this was heat

i didnt like how bokeem had to have that tranny actor in his harem...nikkas arent slick :beli:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Finally saw this. TRASH. All the black dysfunction, fukkery, and trannies:hhh:

White saviors and black villains, too:stopitslime: