Official Queen & Slim Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They both were pitiful. He had no backbone, and she was rude and talked entirely too much. I liked the movie, but the decisions they made were :snoop: at best to downright :hhh:. I saw this with my wife and I told her as soon as the movie was over if we ever get stopped by the police let me do ALL the talking. She constantly just made it worse and worse.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah........I mean.........
Wasn’t like these nikkas killed Trump. I guess that was the wildest part. nikkas kill cops every day. At least every week. We have NEVER heard the story of ANYBODY helping them people out. At all. Ever. Zimmerman came to VA earlier this year and went to a local bar. nikkaS was in there taking pics and getting autographs. Same ones talking bout fukk him on Facebook

If I ever did a major crime, I’m on my own. Trust no one

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Wasn’t like these nikkas killed Trump. I guess that was the wildest part. nikkas kill cops every day. At least every week. We have NEVER heard the story of ANYBODY helping them people out. At all. Ever. Zimmerman came to VA earlier this year and went to a local bar. nikkaS was in there taking pics and getting autographs. Same ones talking bout fukk him on Facebook

If I ever did a major crime, I’m on my own. Trust no one

:wtf:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Seen this today.... What was the point of this movie? No insight, No twist, No uplifting, No hidden meanings, No action, nothing . I at least thought they would lead a revolution or something . We already know this story . Nikkas get profiled and killed by the police, no justice for us...now what. At least let them get away, or let them get caught and exonerated. Movie was disappointing as hell.

Not to mention they push the “crabs in the barrel” stereotype with ol dude at the end .

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I thought I'd really like this.

I did not.

Great visually and excellent soundtrack. But man, the script and story were just a complete miss for me

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Movie was ok....it wasnt garbage....wasn't great 6/10. I was entertained enough and it didnt move too slow. I didn't expect movie to be that good so I had the proper expectations.

The cinematography was one of the better parts of the movie, it was shot very well. Dialogue is shaky....there are some good lines and themes but it's kinda sloppy in parts too

I think having the mechanic's son shoot the cop was hella unnecessary.

I didn't really expect some grand sweeping message...movie was just an updated version of Bonnie and Clyde. I knew they was gonna get capped in tha end. I knew breh in tha end was gonna rat...I didn't know how nobody dropped dime so long....hell I thought Chloe Sevigny was gonna snitch

I'm not a super duper ADOS or die type dude but yea they shoulda had American actors in the roles....Kaluuya looks a lot like my cousin who is half AA/half Ghanian so I'm biased

Bokeem was funny as shyt in his role...his attempt at a NOLA accent was comedy....:pachaha:

At the end of the day, it was more of a romance movie/fantasy than an actual "message" type movie. That's why they keep doing dumb shyt like stopping to ride horse or hanging they damn head out the window.

I will say tho the scene were Slim hands the blixky to that white gas station clerk had me like :mindblown:

That shyt made no fukkin sense....i felt that way a few times but it didnt really bother me bc i did kinda realize some ppl would make dumbass decisions on the fly. We all act like we would know exactly what to do if we had to be on the run unexpectedly but i guarantee some of yall nikkas would do some fool ass shyt too

Last edited:

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Did anyone else know that white dude James Frey) who got busted for faking his story in that book that Oprah talked up"A Million Little Pieces" was co-writer on this.....that actually kinda explains a lot to me now