Official Queen & Slim Thread

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
The ending pissed me off more than anything them getting hit up like that
:francis:
i knew what i was in for after the Cop told him to pop the trunk, they shoulda Atleast made ol boy look smart about knowing his rights & went from there
:hhh:
But a nikka got hyped when Still Tippin came on:gladbron:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah, I would have preferred the plane took off, and we just watched them get higher and freer, the clouds all around the,, and it ended like a fairy tale. The ending felt needlessly violent and heavy handed, and not sure the message it was going for, I mean, I got it, but why switch to some kind of fatalistic realism that deep in the story?

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

Bruce_Wayne

Rookie
Daps
Seen the film last night went in with looow expectations, but by the end I was entertained along with being angered.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I would have preferred the plane took off, and we just watched them get higher and freer, the clouds all around the,, and it ended like a fairy tale. The ending felt needlessly violent and heavy handed, and not sure the message it was going for, I mean, I got it, but why switch to some kind of fatalistic realism that deep in the story?
It lets us know, n**gers don’t get away.

bewitched

Pro
Daps
Just finished watching the movie and I feel the movie wasn't something that's was going to be pleasant due to how police brutality hits home hard for a lot of us. I did have hope that Queen and Slim were going to escape but that was wishful thinking on my part.

The acting, cinematography and the soundtrack were the strong points of the movie. The screenplay was okay with some gems dropped here and there. They only bonded over the fact they were fugitives on the run because if Slim never was pulled over, they would've went their separate ways. Because if this, I wouldn't herald this as a love story. I didn't understand the need to combine the sex and protest scenes, it was a little wierd to watch. My overall rating 3.5/5.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Just finished watching the movie and I feel the movie wasn't something that's was going to be pleasant due to how police brutality hits home hard for a lot of us. I did have hope that Queen and Slim were going to escape but that was wishful thinking on my part.

The acting, cinematography and the soundtrack were the strong points of the movie. The screenplay was okay with some gems dropped here and there. They only bonded over the fact they were fugitives on the run because if Slim never was pulled over, they would've went their separate ways. Because if this, I wouldn't herald this as a love story. I didn't understand the need to combine the sex and protest scenes, it was a little wierd to watch. My overall rating 3.5/5.

Easy, metaphor for black love being revolutionary.

I would say no, but they're like different films/genres and hard to really compare

Q&S is more of a drama, 21B is an action thriller
I see, thank you so much!

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Just saw the movie. Standout elements were the soundtrack, dialogue (some thought-provoking gems in here) and cinematography. Wish Slim had more of a backbone at times in the movie.

Had some :russ:, some :damn: and some :to: moments. I left the theater feeling a type of way as it did touch on things that hit home.

As I'm not the kind of person that looks too deeply into movie themes and nuance unless I KNOW to pay attention to that going in, I got my money's worth and then some.

Based on previews though, the Photograph and Antebellum might be worth a peek.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
see I didn't get that from the ending, because essentially, they became immortalized

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
see I didn't get that from the ending, because essentially, they became immortalized

My take is the whole ordeal, besides the initial shooting, and some of the characters they meet, is a fantasy. Why switch at the end to a much more bleak and fatalistic ending? Of course, it's a Hollywood style shootout, down to the cars appearing like the climax of Bad Boys, and many Miami Vice episodes, with the plane ready to roll on the tarmac. But, the killers of an officer ending up dead, is much bleaker than the rest of the movie suggests. They were immortalized as martyrs, by their deaths

Would they still not be immortalized as heroes if they escaped to Cuba, which is about as far from reality as it gets, but entirely in line with the movie's entire structure and feel?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
this is gonna be the paid in full for this generation

I think it did it's job, far from perfect, ain't no movie that is.

and I thought the son and father that weren't at the gas station were funny af.
tenor.gif

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I saw it last night with a woman I’m dating and was funny watching her tense from all the stupid decisions they were making.

I was surprisingly entertained. As a person familiar with filmmaking, their stupidity and recklessness is what carried the movie.

Everything was homegirl’s fault. It was a beautiful movie to look at. Social media is mad at the last guy played by Bertrand Boyd but imagine living in poverty and that’s the easiest $500K, tax-free, you can make in your life.