Official Queen & Slim Thread

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tariq Nasheed just did a live chat on it. Link should be available soon. Hes in the movie did not make sense. Pointing out most of the things said in the thread.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall I was entertained. Great visuals. There were a few big flaws and head scratching moments. Overall in some points it felt like shea butter twitter fantasy. Folks have already touched on the subtle unbalanced portrayal of black men. I actually felt all the black characters were a bit exaggerated and comically stereotypical. Almost like how white people imagine all black folks to be like. I mean we got pimps, prostitutes, c00n father who got hit by the car, crazy cop killing kid, snitch south florida goon etc... and while those type of folks exist in the black community.. putting them all in 1 film as normal characters without balance is a bit much imo.

And for an attorney she made some terrible head scratching choices. Attorneys have a respect of the law by trade and you would expect her decision making to be logical and not impulsive.
Last thing an attorney would do after a shooting like that is tell you run. I would expect that from slim but she would have been trying to make sense of things and figure out a self defense strategy to use and turn themselves in. She seems to be one who encouraged all the subsequent criminal acts they commit afterwards also without any plan. stealing the sheriff truck and holding him gun point and stuffing him in the trunk. She would know that's a kidnapping charge.. slim wasnt comfortable with those choices but she was moving like she been a goon her whole life and didnt even seem conflicted about committing crimes.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Overall I was entertained. Great visuals. There were a few big flaws and head scratching moments. Overall in some points it felt like shea butter twitter fantasy. Folks have already touched on the subtle unbalanced portrayal of black men. I actually felt all the black characters were a bit exaggerated and comically stereotypical. Almost like how white people imagine all black folks to be like. I mean we got pimps, prostitutes, c00n father who got hit by the car, crazy cop killing kid, snitch south florida goon etc... and while those type of folks exist in the black community.. putting them all in 1 film as normal characters without balance is a bit much imo.

And for an attorney she made some terrible head scratching choices. Attorneys have a respect of the law by trade and you would expect her decision making to be logical and not impulsive.
Last thing an attorney would do after a shooting like that is tell you run. I would expect that from slim but she would have been trying to make sense of things and figure out a self defense strategy to use and turn themselves in. She seems to be one who encouraged all the subsequent criminal acts they commit afterwards also without any plan. stealing the sheriff truck and holding him gun point and stuffing him in the trunk. She would know that's a kidnapping charge.. slim wasnt comfortable with those choices but she was moving like she been a goon her whole life and didnt even seem conflicted about committing crimes.
He killed a cop. He never gon be free again if he turn his self in. The cops and the world saw the tape and the cops still killed them. Also baby girl didn’t seem happy with her life. She had no fam. She really had no one to live for. Hell the only reason she went on a date wit dude because she said he look pathetic. Dude was a simp. That’s why he pretty much followed her lead.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He killed a cop. He never gon be free again if he turn his self in. The cops and the world saw the tape and the cops still killed them. Also baby girl didn’t seem happy with her life. She had no fam. She really had no one to live for. Hell the only reason she went on a date wit dude because she said he look pathetic. Dude was a simp. That’s why he pretty much followed her lead.

An attorney wouldn't do what she did off the bat. They believe in the justice system. They should have showed her progression to coming to terms with the idea of running rather than her encouraging it mindlessly from the jump. I could see slim doing that. not her. And the key word is the HE killed the cop. Technically she was innocent and just a victim of an unjustified police shooting. She was in the clear. But all of sudden she wants to commit a bunch of crime outta nowhere with a guy she just met and didnt like?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
An attorney wouldn't do what she did off the bat. They believe in the justice system. They should have showed her progression to coming to terms with the idea of running rather than her encouraging it mindlessly from the jump. I could see slim doing that. not her. And the key word is the HE killed the cop. Technically she was innocent and just a victim of an unjustified police shooting. She was in the clear. But all of sudden she wants to commit a bunch of crime outta nowhere with a guy she just met and didnt like?
The 1st 5 minutes of the movie told u she stop giving a fukk. And dude risk his life for her. She already know it’s no coming back for him. I don’t see how it’s a issue

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
My mother liked it (even tho she pretty much likes everything).
:beli:

Still cant believe she likes that show EVIL.
I was almost certain she wouldnt dig that shyt.
:patrice:

My girl was like, "it was aaaaaight."
Have this strange feeling she was playing that Fabolous shyt in my car tho.
:birdman:

Oh.
And i still got lime disease.

:mjgrin: