Official Queen & Slim Thread

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Saw this yesterday. I really enjoyed this. The actor who played her uncle ate up every scene he was in.

The ending didn't bother me because I never expected the movie to end any differently. I do understand the criticisms, but at the same time, if they got on the plane, it would've been a pretty corny and anticlimactic ending. And besides, their picture being on shirts and buildings made them immortal in a way, immortalized their legacy/existence which was what Slim/Ernest wanted.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
To me, he was almost child like. Even if a cop aint racist, he lacked too much common sense. A cop comes to your window and you got the radio on. 2ndly, she should hopped out the car as soon as he even attempted to pop the trunk. Everybody knows this. Especially a lawyer. 3rd, common sense would tell you just get your cell phone. Not announce it like you got a gun. I would have came out the car recording it. Maybe, the running part isnt far fetch but its way more common ssnse ways to handle it after the shooting.
Have u ever been pulled over by the police?

1. Was pulled over didn’t turn my radio off before
2. She is a woman. Look online women don’t give af
3. She announced because that’s what she may have thought she needed to do
4. U killed a cop. I’m doing the same in their shoes

I see nothing far fetched about the plot

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What was ridiculous about the premise?

2 people meet on tinder
Get pulled over by cop
Cop gets trigger happy
Cop Shoots annoying ass woman
Guy reacts afraid for his life fights cop
Guy sees gun. Picks up wit no thinking and just shoots and kills cop
Goes on the run

There’s no way a successful defense attorney in a world with Dash-cam footage would think “run” after a self defense shooting of a cop. It’s just silly. That’s something I’d expect from two high school kids on a first date who don’t know better. Not two sophisticated seeming late 20s to 30 something year olds.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
There’s no way a successful defense attorney in a world with Dash-cam footage would think “run” after a self defense shooting of a cop. It’s just silly. That’s something I’d expect from two high school kids on a first date who don’t know better. Not two sophisticated seeming late 20s to 30 something year olds.
Cameras were not working is a story we heard a million times. U think cops gon let that tape get out?

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Bout to go see this with my lady.

This better not be a waste of time