Official Queen & Slim Thread

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That's the point. One of the women in my family had to tell us that it was somebody from a show on tv. Nobody else I was with knew. They playing dirty with this agenda. His name is Indya Moore.
He’s not the
:ohhh: Was it his main piece shorty did have a strong face?
I hope that wasnt the one with her cheeks out. If so, i will be legally blind by next week.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This chick doesn't get nuance at all. I enjoyed it but it's heavy handed as hell , That Thanksgiving episode of "Master of None" starting to look like a fluke

The Chi is a solid show. It’s not great but it’s enjoyable. She writes characters well, or at least casts them well. But her premises aren’t good most of the time. The Master of None episode might have been good cause it was so autobiographical.

Queen & Slim looked great and i believed the chemistry between the leads. But the premise was so ridiculous it took me out the movie at parts. Apparently she took the script from the other writer and spun it into this so I’m curious to what the original movie was supposed to be.

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
Overall I liked this. It was a black film, and reminded me of some of the old classic 90s hood dramas that we've all come to love.

I only had a few issues with some things in the story that just were corny. I also feel like they went too far making "Slim" (I don't even remember his name) a passive incompetent man in order to highlight the "Queen" who was your typical strong independent black woman, that is a control freak. Not really surprising considering who wrote the movie.

The gas station / teller scene was legit unbelievable, and I don't even know how that wasn't regulated as nothing more than a deleted scene. They really wanted to hammer home some weird notion that dude was just a naive dumbass, but we already could see he was in over his head at that point, the scene was stupid and unnecessary.

Everything else was solid, I liked the dialog between the 2... some well written lines that stitched together what the "point" of the movie was by the time you get to the end. I was super conflicted at the end, until they had the follow up scenes that were 100% necessary to wrap things up, because without them, then I'd really be like this movie failed me from a moral perspective.
Agreed with this. Also, the dialogue from the fat guy that they dropped off at the hospital was really bad. Otherwise, it was a great movie to me

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The Chi is a solid show. It’s not great but it’s enjoyable. She writes characters well, or at least casts them well. But her premises aren’t good most of the time. The Master of None episode might have been good cause it was so autobiographical.

Queen & Slim looked great and i believed the chemistry between the leads. But the premise was so ridiculous it took me out the movie at parts. Apparently she took the script from the other writer and spun it into this so I’m curious to what the original movie was supposed to be.
What was ridiculous about the premise?

2 people meet on tinder
Get pulled over by cop
Cop gets trigger happy
Cop Shoots annoying ass woman
Guy reacts afraid for his life fights cop
Guy sees gun. Picks up wit no thinking and just shoots and kills cop
Goes on the run

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What was ridiculous about the premise?

2 people meet on tinder
Get pulled over by cop
Cop gets trigger happy
Cop Shoots annoying ass woman
Guy reacts afraid for his life fights cop
Guy sees gun. Picks up wit no thinking and just shoots and kills cop
Goes on the run
To me, he was almost child like. Even if a cop aint racist, he lacked too much common sense. A cop comes to your window and you got the radio on. 2ndly, she should hopped out the car as soon as he even attempted to pop the trunk. Everybody knows this. Especially a lawyer. 3rd, common sense would tell you just get your cell phone. Not announce it like you got a gun. I would have came out the car recording it. Maybe, the running part isnt far fetch but its way more common ssnse ways to handle it after the shooting.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This chick doesn't get nuance at all. I enjoyed it but it's heavy handed as hell , That Thanksgiving episode of "Master of None" starting to look like a fluke
Hate it had to be my Master of None family:bryan: