[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
What? You trying to argue that Persona 5 was just as shallow as Final Fantasy 16? That's wild to me but if that's your opinion it is what it is. I think P5 is overrated and bloated but it was a much better RPG than FF16.

I mean when you boil it down. its literally fire - water - grass ass pokemon shyt with scripted boss battles.

The set pieces and combat are more engaging in ff16. P5R just gives you a shyt ton to do. Its a game I loved but every time I try to replay I can't because I know how boring the actual combat is. the game gets its acclaim from everything that doesn't have to do with the rpg mechanics :dead: the social links, hangouts and all that shyt. persona fusing is mostly whatever as you will never need to min/max to beat the game.

I guess its the cool thing to hate on ff16 now but that title has some of the most awesome boss battles of this gen :yeshrug:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I mean when you boil it down. its literally fire - water - grass ass pokemon shyt with scripted boss battles.

The set pieces and combat are more engaging in ff16. P5R just gives you a shyt ton to do. Its a game I loved but every time I try to replay I can't because I know how boring the actual combat is. the game gets its acclaim from everything that doesn't have to do with the rpg mechanics :dead: the social links, hangouts and all that shyt. persona fusing is mostly whatever as you will never need to min/max to beat the game.

I guess its the cool thing to hate on ff16 now but that title has some of the most awesome boss battles of this gen :yeshrug:
This is still more depth than FF16's combat

FF16's combat has absolutely zero depth, ZERO

nikkas lying so bad :dead:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

This definitely has less depth than using Tarukaja then whatever the boss is weak to :dead:

I would bet you not doing any of this shyt without practicing, therefore there is depth in the combat. period.

you said jrpgs cant get away with just being cinematic when thats literally the draw of P5.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FFXVI is way too easy and it's far from having depth imo. There's zero reason for elements being there. It's just basically spam square until enemy is staggered and repeat. There's literally no reason for any of the other eikon abilities and I wager you can beat the game without even switching eikons. At least with Persona 5 you have to take into account what Persona you have equipped and elements matter. Leveraging Persona's that can absorb or reflect attacks as well as using items for buff/debuffing matters.

None of that matters in FFXVI. Just attack/dodge>>stagger to win.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
FFXVI is way too easy and it's far from having depth imo. There's zero reason for elements being there. It's just basically spam square until enemy is staggered and repeat. There's literally no reason for any of the other eikon abilities and I wager you can beat the game without even switching eikons.

You can beat any DMC doing the simplest shyt possible too, it dont have any depth either?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can beat any DMC doing the simplest shyt possible too, it dont have any depth either?
FFXVI is a JRPG though. The things I expected in a traditional FF game weren't there.

In FFVIIR you have materia and other items that have a meaningful difference in combat. In FFXVI because of the gimped battle system, nothing really matters as you can literally just finish the game without worrying about anything.

I've literally gone almost the majority of the game in FFXVI without ever needing to upgrade or get another weapon. FFXVI in terms of combat depth is extremely weak. It literally requires nothing but dodge and parry which is damn near piss poor easy and pummeling the enemy with attacks. There's no need to have strategy. Torgal is basically useless as is Jill. Not to mention you can't even control them. I don't know what they were thinking with this battle system gimping. The real time combat is nice but it's too easy and lacks anything important. How can you have a FF game without no real "magic", no need for elixirs or ether, no status ailments whether it weakens or empowers you. Like lol wtf.

I'm just comparing JRPG to JRPG.

Final Fantasy XV's combat system at least had more depth/variety to it than FFXVI.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
FFXVI is a JRPG though. The things I expected in a traditional FF game weren't there.

I'm just comparing JRPG to JRPG.

Final Fantasy XV's combat system at least had more depth/variety to it than FFXVI.

breh what. you could literally hold circle and spam consumables from level one to last boss.

you could also do saucy ass shyt IF YOU CHOSE TO. see a pattern here?

I will concede it has really weak rpg elements though. It definitely was more of a character action game than a rpg. this "no depth" shyt is fugazi though.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh what. you could literally hold circle and spam consumables from level one to last boss.

you could also do saucy ass shyt IF YOU CHOSE TO. see a pattern here?

I will concede it has really weak rpg elements though. It definitely was more of a character action game than a rpg. this "no depth" shyt is fugazi though.
Yeah I think lack depth may not be the word I'm looking for here. I think it lacks JRPG elements more so than the combat being no depth.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That I can agree with. Still a great game for me :ehh:
I think the combat system should still be used going forward for the next FF and they can just add more things like elemental effects, more weapons and other status ailments that matter.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I think the combat system should still be used going forward for the next FF and they can just add more things like elemental effects, more weapons and other status ailments that matter.

I mean I doubt they ever go back to turn based so yea, this is how they'll do shyt from now on.

They gave us 16 and 7rebirth in under a calendar year. i'm eating