[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm basically between Chapter 11 and Chapter 12, I can go back to The Gold Saucer whenever I want but I've just been doing side missions.

Got enough summons so that every character has one :obama:

Part of me doesn't even want to continue the story part because I know I'm getting close to the end :to:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm basically between Chapter 11 and Chapter 12, I can go back to The Gold Saucer whenever I want but I've just been doing side missions.

Got enough summons so that every character has one :obama:

Part of me doesn't even want to continue the story part because I know I'm getting close to the end :to:
I'm 70 hours in and I'm still taking my time. I want to finish it by May but don't.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
And to expand on my last post, 1000% this, it felt like there was literally no thought in these other than for there just to be an endless string of the same slightly altered fight

“fukk it just throw them all in there over and over again but rotate which enemy is paired with which enemy”
I feel the same way about the minigames. Not only why are there so many, why are there so many of the same ones? Why do we have a queens blood story, plus all of these extra gimmick shyts? Why do we have 20+ chocobo races, why do we have to have hard mode of everything?

I’m sounding like Jadakiss.

This is like some insanity shyt.

I know people saying that some of these minigames feel like they could be a full game, yeah I hate that shyt because this shyt does feel like a full game.

I don’t want to spend all these hours playing cards and doing chocobo races.

Imma agree with @Thavoiceofthevoiceless, there is so much shyt they could have added that was better than this or just add less of it to make my platinum easier.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I feel the same way about the minigames. Not only why are there so many, why are there so many of the same ones? Why do we have a queens blood story, plus all of these extra gimmick shyts? Why do we have 20+ chocobo races, why do we have to have hard mode of everything?

I’m sounding like Jadakiss.

This is like some insanity shyt.

I know people saying that some of these minigames feel like they could be a full game, yeah I hate that shyt because this shyt does feel like a full game.

I don’t want to spend all these hours playing cards and doing chocobo races.

Imma agree with @Thavoiceofthevoiceless, there is so much shyt they could have added that was better than this or just add less of it to make my platinum easier.

This post reminds me of this:

Everyone Here Doesn't Hate Rebirth - You Hate the Platinum Grind

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not like anybody is being forced to try to get a Plat :manny: personally that's never been for me

9.8/10 game for me so far, but once I do finish it's probably on to a new game since I haven't played anything else since like February :skip:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
100% facts. The game’s highs are super high, but the lows are super low.

If you just play and don’t care about the plat it’s pretty much perfect.

But that plat is callin me dawg

:ohlawd::ohlawd:
I'm doing most of the side stuff naturally, if I feel fatigued I just go to the next region. I'm now going to Nibelheim in chapter 11 after having done all the sidequests in Cosmo Canyon. I'm not trying to 100% right now. I'll save hard mode for a replay and just play the game linearly from mission to mission and not worry about side content.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally did all of the legendary bouts, hard mode is gonna feel like a cool fukking breeze after completing those

It’s not a bad game, but I wouldn’t necessarily rate it as high as other people have and it definitely could use some QOL improvements for the 3rd one.
It absolutely does not deserve all of those perfect scores

To each his own, but I can only see people who are wearing the nostalgia goggles playing through the cait sith section, the constant slog of mandatory mini games and busy work, the bland side quests, the convulated new plot, the repetitive open world content and materia locked behind constant Chadley vr missions and saying

“yeah, this right here is a near perfect, if not perfect game :banderas:

It’s a great game overall tho, think the score I gave it was 8.5

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
GL3OqykWIAMG3zf

GL3OqzmWIAo-62U
GL3Oq0zWIAc8IS_

GL3Oq2bWIAkdzj5

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I beat Odin and Alexander on the 2nd highest difficulty without a summon. It was hard but I feel like I cheated for not putting at the top difficulty.

I know the higher level Combat Simulator battles will be crazy, probably harder than the 5 summon gauntlet in Remake

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I beat Odin and Alexander on the 2nd highest difficulty without a summon. It was hard but I feel like I cheated for not putting at the top difficulty.

I know the higher level Combat Simulator battles will be crazy, probably harder than the 5 summon gauntlet in Remake

They are WAY harder on Rebirth, I think I died a few times each on the remake summon gauntlet and weiss, I spent about 4 hours trying to clear just one of the later “legendary” gauntlets a couple days ago

I consider myself a good gamer, iv got the plat on Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, Demon Souls, Bloodbourne & Elden Ring and not a single one of these games gave me the hassle these challenges did (mainly because Rebirths combat isn’t designed to give you a dark souls Esq challenge but that’s another topic) and I still had to look up a very concise way to do these challenges, and even then they feel very luck/RNG based.

The times I did beat them, I felt I was very lucky due to a boss not doing a certain move that he would normally do around that point in his HP pool, or he let me get more hits in than usual, or I somehow managed to dodge a particular move that is most of the time un-missable, putting Odin at the end of a 10 round gauntlet is just fukking harsh lol

Last edited: