[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Daps
It seems like this game is terrible for the OCD crowd that needs 100% completion.
But if you just casually do the story and maybe a few mini games that interest you, you'll love it.
For me i mostly played the battle arena type mini games, monster intel battles and loved them.
Agreed. The focus should be on fun before anything else. It shouldn’t feel like a chore. I have to wonder if SE knew they were overdoing it with all the mini-games.
Free yourselves from the platinum narcotic brehs. You'll enjoy more games.

I did it for Ragnarok because I wanted to but I like have 6 plats total since 2008. Once it becomes about anything other than enjoyment it's time to stop playing.
Definitely this. These trophies are meaningless at the end of the day and don’t add to (and shouldn’t take away from) the enjoyment of a game. I won’t even let my playing on normal affect my enjoyment of a game if I find playing hard mode too frustrating. Life is too short, it’s just video games, and if a platinum has some ridiculous requirement and I can’t do it :yeshrug:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
These minigames are so fukkin horrible I really don’t know what to say, they are fukkin horrible. Some of the worst stuff I have ever played.

This cactuar bullshyt made me really hate Aerith, she is so damn slow and they keep doing this affinity switch shyt with horrible camera angles.

I don’t know how to rate this game at all, everything else except these minigames are almost perfect. The game has cheesy ass fights, but except that, the game is a 10 in the gameplay regard.

For these damn minigames and trying to get this platinum, it’s like a 0. None of this shyt is fun to me and all feels like a chore.

I’m fukkin pissed this game is pissing me off.

It seems like this game is terrible for the OCD crowd that needs 100% completion.
But if you just casually do the story and maybe a few mini games that interest you, you'll love it.
For me i mostly played the battle arena type mini games, monster intel battles and loved them.

One thousand percent this. I could see how the game could become a slog if you are putting some self-imposed requirement to completely platinum this. I don't get trophy hunters in the first place, like why waste your time doing something you dislike? What, is it your fukkin job or something? No? Then WTF?

I've literally platinumed like 3 games in my career. From an outside viewer, it looks like you're turning something that's supposed to be a fun hobby into a chore. For basically no benefit.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
One thousand percent this. I could see how the game could become a slog if you are putting some self-imposed requirement to completely platinum this. I don't get trophy hunters in the first place, like why waste your time doing something you dislike? What, is it your fukkin job or something? No? Then WTF?

I've literally platinumed like 3 games in my career. From an outside viewer, it looks like you're turning something that's supposed to be a fun hobby into a chore. For basically no benefit.
I've only ever platinumed two games. Spiderman ps4 and Midnight Suns

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I've only ever platinumed two games. Spiderman ps4 and Midnight Suns

I platinumed GT7, Horizon Call of the Mountain (two VR2 games interestingly enough) and Telltales' The Walking Dead.

Telltale games basically gave you a platinum for finishing it, and takes zero effort.

The other games I was two or three trophies away from platinum by just naturally playing, so I figured I'd put in the effort. But let me tell you, taking 100 photos in GT7 Scapes mode felt like a dumb waste of time afterwards. I don't understand people who spend hours doing stupid shyt like that for every game.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Agreed. The focus should be on fun before anything else. It shouldn’t feel like a chore. I have to wonder if SE knew they were overdoing it with all the mini-games.

Definitely this. These trophies are meaningless at the end of the day and don’t add to (and shouldn’t take away from) the enjoyment of a game. I won’t even let my playing on normal affect my enjoyment of a game if I find playing hard mode too frustrating. Life is too short, it’s just video games, and if a platinum has some ridiculous requirement and I can’t do it :yeshrug:
Considering where they ended the 2nd game where they did, they had to have known that they were overdoing it with minigames.

It's not necessarily even just the mini games, this game is arguably more difficult than Remake so that's even more time having to constantly redo battles because of failure.

It's like they overloaded with content without bothering to even test it beforehand. 3d Brawler is the perfect example.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Considering where they ended the 2nd game where they did, they had to have known that they were overdoing it with minigames.

It's not necessarily even just the mini games, this game is arguably more difficult than Remake so that's even more time having to constantly redo battles because of failure.

It's like they overloaded with content without bothering to even test it beforehand. 3d Brawler is the perfect example.
Did you try playing on easy? :troll:

Just saying playing a game on hard and complaining thats is too hard, You don't actually have to do that to yourself

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

If you got slow reflexes, just say that. :pachaha:

Hell it's better than the OG, which was just Rock/Paper/Scissors, but literally impossible to get far

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If you got slow reflexes, just say that. :pachaha:

Hell it's better than the OG, which was just Rock/Paper/Scissors, but literally impossible to get far
It’s more to it than just slow reflexes and a lot of people would tell you that.

I say that as someone that beat the Juelz mini-game in Remake when a lot of other people couldn’t.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Took over like 10 tries but finally beat Sephiroth

iu

kinda glad i never got deep into this in the original version. Now I can get to play this in its true form