[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm not bothering to get the platinum. It's vanity. I'm not going to touch 3D Brawler and some of the other shyt ever again. Hell the piano stuff can piss me off. I'm fine with playing most of the content that's interesting(Story, side quests, protorelics) and putting 100+ hours in then chasing a platinum trophy.
Funny how you finally saw the light in what some of us was saying as you got deeper into the game

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm not bothering to get the platinum. It's vanity. I'm not going to touch 3D Brawler and some of the other shyt ever again. Hell the piano stuff can piss me off. I'm fine with playing most of the content that's interesting(Story, side quests, protorelics) and putting 100+ hours in then chasing a platinum trophy.
It seems like this game is terrible for the OCD crowd that needs 100% completion.
But if you just casually do the story and maybe a few mini games that interest you, you'll love it.
For me i mostly played the battle arena type mini games, monster intel battles and loved them.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny how you finally saw the light in what some of us was saying as you got deeper into the game
No, I'm not seeing the light. I didn't agree with what you were saying which was that the game makes it mandatory for you to play mini games and sidequests to progress the story. I just said 3D brawler and a few others suck as mini-games, completely different things.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I complained about some of the mini games as well and how they obviously weren't beta tested beforehand
Well yeah that I can say some mini games are kind of wack. Like I don't think any of them were necessary to go through the story but it just being there will trigger OCD folks.

It seems like this game is terrible for the OCD crowd that needs 100% completion.
But if you just casually do the story and maybe a few mini games that interest you, you'll love it.
For me i mostly played the battle arena type mini games, monster intel battles and loved them.
Pretty much. I'm not trying to 100% this game because I'll get frustrated. The best thing they should do is make 100% attainable without doing things that aren't necessarily part of the core game like mini games.

Last edited:
Daps
How are people getting platinum in this game already? It took me 189 hours to beat the game while doing most of the side quests and data quests. I still have so much to do while also doing hard mode.

I played this game every day for at least 2-6 hours.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

It’ll maybe take me another month to get platinum.
Tbh for me it was the Portal since it made playing while doing other stuff really easy although I couldn’t play remotely for the piano challenges or a few other mini games just based on the need for precise timing. and I used a guide for some of the post-game stuff (specifically Bonds of Friendship; To Be A Hero was pretty straightforward for me by comparison with the right set up). It also helped that I played this almost exclusively and at one point had a few days with nothing going on that helped me get through a large chunk of side content.

Finished my first playthrough at about 150-160 hours, then spent a little time maxing character levels and maxing out materia, then beat combat sim hard levels to get the Gotterdammerung and used YouTube builds for sim battles I had trouble with which basically kept my mp full and healed after every cast since you can’t use items on hard mode. Also got the Genji gloves to break the 9,999 damage limit which increases max hp and mp absorb return when linked to spell-casting materia as well. Skipped cutscenes on second playthrough.

I enjoyed many of the mini-games even if there were too many so that part wasn’t too bad for me (except Aerith/Yuffue’s second hard mode cactuar challenges) but at the end of the day it’s a big time commitment to sink into a game for sure so I wouldn’t let it sour my opinion of an otherwise great game by forcing myself through a ton of side content if you don’t enjoy it especially since the platinum doesn’t offer much else.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
The thing is, the last 2 games were fun to platinum. It flowed so much better. They ticked us because the last 2 games were fun, so we already were thinking to get plat in this game too.

The thing is, they are taking these mini games way too seriously. Why is there a hard mode for almost every game? Why do we need this?

I’m really about to throw my controller at my TV.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Tbh for me it was the Portal since it made playing while doing other stuff really easy although I couldn’t play remotely for the piano challenges or a few other mini games just based on the need for precise timing. and I used a guide for some of the post-game stuff (specifically Bonds of Friendship; To Be A Hero was pretty straightforward for me by comparison with the right set up). It also helped that I played this almost exclusively and at one point had a few days with nothing going on that helped me get through a large chunk of side content.

Finished my first playthrough at about 150-160 hours, then spent a little time maxing character levels and maxing out materia, then beat combat sim hard levels to get the Gotterdammerung and used YouTube builds for sim battles I had trouble with which basically kept my mp full and healed after every cast since you can’t use items on hard mode. Also got the Genji gloves to break the 9,999 damage limit which increases max hp and mp absorb return when linked to spell-casting materia as well. Skipped cutscenes on second playthrough.

I enjoyed many of the mini-games even if there were too many so that part wasn’t too bad for me (except Aerith/Yuffue’s second hard mode cactuar challenges) but at the end of the day it’s a big time commitment to sink into a game for sure so I wouldn’t let it sour my opinion of an otherwise great game by forcing myself through a ton of side content if you don’t enjoy it especially since the platinum doesn’t offer much else.
I’m stuck on those bullshyt cactuars right now. Yuffie is ok, but Aerith is so fukkin slow with everything. I got so much atb shyt equipped, but it doesn’t help.

My main issue with this game is that these things take hours to complete because there is no room for error.

Daps
In this game so far you have to know how to setup certain characters with the right materia and moves to really make them worthwhile. I'm 64 hours in and just NOW started using haste to fill the ATB gauge very fast. It takes a while for every thing to start clicking together hence why I think the game is so long.
Yep. Same with accessories and other spells that cause buffs/debuffs. I definitely didn’t spend this much time learning systems in FF7 Remake but once the system clicks it really comes together. Sometimes even equipping materia you don’t plan on using can be helpful for the Stat boosts it provides (Enemy skill, Phoenix, etc)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
In this game so far you have to know how to setup certain characters with the right materia and moves to really make them worthwhile. I'm 64 hours in and just NOW started using haste to fill the ATB gauge very fast. It takes a while for every thing to start clicking together hence why I think the game is so long.

I forgot I even had haste :mjlol: game is kind of on the easy side so I haven't really had to be all that strategic

All I do is use Assess at the start of the fight (if I haven't assessed them already) and then spam whatever the enemy is weak to

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’m stuck on those bullshyt cactuars right now. Yuffie is ok, but Aerith is so fukkin slow with everything. I got so much atb shyt equipped, but it doesn’t help.

My main issue with this game is that these things take hours to complete because there is no room for error.
And that’s the problem with those simulation battle on hard mode.

Imagine getting through the first nine rounds to only die on the tenth one and have to start all over again :francis:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Free yourselves from the platinum narcotic brehs. You'll enjoy more games.

I did it for Ragnarok because I wanted to but I like have 6 plats total since 2008. Once it becomes about anything other than enjoyment it's time to stop playing.
Ragnarok was smooth. The other FF Remakes were smooth. It was like if you did the side quests, you were almost guaranteed to get the plat.

I can tell you right now what was challenging in those games, in Ragnarok it was those ghosts, in Remake and Intermission it was the summons, the pull-ups, and fort condor, this shyt? Almost everything unrelated to combat, plus the combat got cheesy.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
My anger comes from love and disappointment. Shame on this shyt.