[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Chapter select like the previous game. Whatever quest you start, but don't finish, you'll have to start back from scratch.

Unlocked chocobos don't carry over so you'll have to do those minigames again.
Not sure that's entirely accurate brother the Grasslands and Gongaga chocobos are locked until certain points in the story but I had access to the Junon chocobo from the start

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I just want to know how they're going make the overworld not redundant.
Since the story is a bit different and whatnot, they can change things around to have story reasons as to why some areas of the world have also been changed/are different. Some new areas being accessible, some others not being as such, etc. Long as its sensible, that can give reason to update the current locales.

Also, while I've not beaten the game yet, from where the story is said to end in this one, I don't think in the OG game every area on the map had been visited yet either. You definitely backtrack to other areas tho.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I’m getting tired of all the extra stuff lol.

I’m almost done with the game, all I have left are side quests, all the new Golden Saucer mini games, some VR combat data matches, and some other mini games I want to get the highest points in.

I’m just going to do the side quests stuff and then I’m going to finish the story.

So if I beat the game will the points for the minigames save or should I complete them now?

I remember hearing you’d have to re-do quests that weren’t finished, but I’m wondering about the scores in mini games.

I plan on doing chapter select for the extra stuff.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah I’m getting tired of all the extra stuff lol.

I’m almost done with the game, all I have left are side quests, all the new Golden Saucer mini games, some VR combat data matches, and some other mini games I want to get the highest points in.

I’m just going to do the side quests stuff and then I’m going to finish the story.

So if I beat the game will the points for the minigames save or should I complete them now?

I remember hearing you’d have to re-do quests that weren’t finished, but I’m wondering about the scores in mini games.

I plan on doing chapter select for the extra stuff.
The points for the mini games will save and carry over. There is an extra side at the Golden Saucer available at the end of Chapter 12 available only if you complete all of the other requests in the game. It’s currently glitched though, so you can circle around back to it in chapter select.