Superstar
Daps
can-i-phone-a-friend-v0-7zqsw9p8bbsc1.png

:russ:
Shyt messed me up too until I got it lol

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Dynamic is the way to go especially if you played hard on Remake.
I still used items though.
I know my hard play through is going to kick my fukking ass something serious when I get to it when I can’t use items:mjcry:
Not if you get the D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DAMNNNNN (No Fabolous)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I wonder how much time some of y'all put into this game daily to have finished it already! I'm 55 hours in and I'm clearing up left over stuff from Grasslands/Junon before I moved back to the story quests as I just arrived in the Cosmo Canyon region. I guess if you just skip a lot of side content that can happen. I'm doing some in Corel and then I'll move back to the story.

I spent hella time last night with this one bullshyt ass Fort Condor quest that was pissing me off. I wasn't in a good mood on top of that so that dumb ass match had me so annoyed but ngl it was nice to finally finish it.

I finished everything in Junon and Chadley talking about a hard mode for Fort Condor. Yeah ok dog not no. The one thing I definitely think FFXVI did better though is summons. Even though the characters don't transform into them like in XVI, their designs in XVI>>>>here.

They felt way more impactful. I don't like the way they're just sort of these things you get from Chadley and that's it. I would've preferred if the divine intel locations were zones that teleported you to some themed area where you fight them. Clive fighting Ifrit, Garuda, Titan etc.>>>>>>>>the VR fights in here. The summons don't hit for me in this game for some odd reason they're like cool here's a summon fight it and have it.

XVI absolutely nailed the summons/boss fights but then again I have to be fair that this game does way more than XVI overall.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Man I wonder how much time some of y'all put into this game daily to have finished it already! I'm 55 hours in and I'm clearing up left over stuff from Grasslands/Junon before I moved back to the story quests as I just arrived in the Cosmo Canyon region. I guess if you just skip a lot of side content that can happen. I'm doing some in Corel and then I'll move back to the story.

I spent hella time last night with this one bullshyt ass Fort Condor quest that was pissing me off. I wasn't in a good mood on top of that so that dumb ass match had me so annoyed but ngl it was nice to finally finish it.

I finished everything in Junon and Chadley talking about a hard mode for Fort Condor. Yeah ok dog not no. The one thing I definitely think FFXVI did better though is summons. Even though the characters don't transform into them like in XVI, their designs in XVI>>>>here.

They felt way more impactful. I don't like the way they're just sort of these things you get from Chadley and that's it. I would've preferred if the divine intel locations were zones that teleported you to some themed area where you fight them. Clive fighting Ifrit, Garuda, Titan etc.>>>>>>>>the VR fights in here. The summons don't hit for me in this game for some odd reason they're like cool here's a summon fight it and have it.

XVI absolutely nailed the summons/boss fights but then again I have to be fair that this game does way more than XVI overall.

Yea summons are treated as unimportant. All they had to do was make it so you can run up on em in the massive open world.
Summons in 16 have direct story tie ins they should be more impactful there. Like you said fighting as the actual Eikon is always gonna hit more than giving it commands.

And I took the game at a similar pace, cleared the map in most areas except Gongaga. You have plenty to do still but you may reach a point where you just want to finish the story.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea summons are treated as unimportant. All they had to do was make it so you can run up on em in the massive open world.
Summons in 16 have direct story tie ins they should be more impactful there. Like you said fighting as the actual Eikon is always gonna hit more than giving it commands.

And I took the game at a similar pace, cleared the map in most areas except Gongaga. You have plenty to do still but you may reach a point where you just want to finish the story.
When you finish the story can you go back and finish the side stuff as end game content or does it load up on some checkpoint before final boss thing?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
When you finish the story can you go back and finish the side stuff as end game content or does it load up on some checkpoint before final boss thing?
Chapter select like the previous game. Whatever quest you start, but don't finish, you'll have to start back from scratch.

Unlocked chocobos don't carry over so you'll have to do those minigames again.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fukking nerve of this Odin materia shyt

He hits you 5 times and gets disheartened to instant kill you :beli:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
summons were never a big part of 7 like the other games though, especially 6, 9, 10, 16

Yeah FF7 vs FF8 are night and day in regards to summons. In 7, they're just another way to attack, usually with a specific element. In 8, they form the entire basis for developing character skills with junctioning magic. FF7 is absolutely beatable without summons. It would be very difficult to beat FF8 without using guardian forces.