[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'll be the judge of that.

Thus far, I was expecting that Costa Del Sol would be "horrible" and I loved it.

From the way you guys said it, the Upper Junon portion of the game would've been considered worthless filler. It's like if you ain't fighting a major boss or Sephiroth then it's filler lol.
Other than adding hard mode versions of everything, the side quest content doesn't actually increase as you get further into the game. You're just able to go back and do more challenging versions of everything later on. Once you get through the golden saucer you will have done everything the game has to offer.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can be the judge of it all you want, but again I've put in more hours into the game than you and are well aware of what I'm talking about.
Okay and thus far from where I am in the game, the things you "knew what you were talking about" up to that point I've found were largely exaggerated.

That's all I'm saying.

I had the same sentiments for people complaining about MJ stealth missions in SM or Ironwood in Ragnarok. People just love to complain.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Okay and thus far from where I am in the game, the things you "knew what you were talking about" up to that point I've found were largely exaggerated.

That's all I'm saying.

I had the same sentiments for people complaining about MJ stealth missions in SM or Ironwood in Ragnarok. People just love to complain.
Finish the game first and then come back and talk :mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's not necessarily the same game considering that Rebirth is more difficult (hard mode) compared to remake and it doesn't help that they've nerfed some things from the main game.

I'd rather have the linear experience of Remake than what we got during Rebirth, which is a lot of filler just to pad the game. If you don't believe me when I say that, look at the BattleSquare opponents and how they're essentially just repeats of each other.
They also buffed some things in Rebirth, such as aerial combat and practically being able to never touch the ground with it.

Also, Remake is definitely more filler than Rebirth in the fact that most of Remake's add ons are inconsequential and meaningless. With how it's done in Rebirth, it's at least highly variable, meaningful in character lore, world building and rewards. It's also mostly just expanding on how disc 2 was to the scope of today's tech and mechanics work. The amount of padding and comparably flawed and superfluous padding at that to Remake for the Midgar section just to stretch 5 hours of game to 40 as opposed to 20+ hours to 60-80 hours for Rebirth's comparative time frame of the originals game portions is wild. Ionno how anyone in their right mind can even prefer Remake to Rebirth. And I loved Remake. shyt, the padding stuff in Rebirth is mostly skippable anyways if you don't want to do it.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They also buffed some things in Rebirth, such as aerial combat and practically being able to never touch the ground with it.

Also, Remakenis definitely more filler than Rebirth in the fact that most of Remake's add ons are inconsequential and meaningless. With how it's done in Rebirth, it's at least highly variable, meaningful in character lore, world building and rewards. It's also mostly just expanding on how disc 2 was to the scope of today's tech and mechanics work. The amount of padding and comparably flawed and superfluous padding at that to Remake for the Midgar section just to stretch 5 hours of game to 40 as opposed to 20+ hours to 60-80 hours for Rebirth's comparative time frame of the originals game portions is wild. Ionno how anyone in their right mind can even prefer Remake to Rebirth. And I loved Remake. shyt, the padding stuff in Rebirth is mostly skippable anyways if you don't want to do it.
It’s skippable…. depending how far in the game you want to go. If you’re fine with just completing the base game and nothing else, then you’re definitely able to skip a lot of that content.

If you’re wanting to do some of the end game stuff or hard mode, then you’re definitely going to have to complete a lot of the filler stuff as you literally can’t complete the skill matrix without it.

I don’t even necessarily have a problem with the filler stuff, but it’s obvious that they didn’t beta test some of those mini games or even hard mode and literally repeated mini games opponents just to pad the story.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It’s skippable…. depending how far in the game you want to go. If you’re fine with just completing the base game and nothing else, then you’re definitely able to skip a lot of that content.

If you’re wanting to do some of the end game stuff or hard mode, then you’re definitely going to have to complete a lot of the filler stuff as you literally can’t complete the skill matrix without it.

I don’t even necessarily have a problem with the filler stuff, but it’s obvious that they didn’t beta test some of those mini games or even hard mode and literally repeated mini games opponents just to pad the story.
So it's skippable unless you're a completionist is basically what you mean.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If that’s what you want to call getting your money’s worth from a FF game.

Let’s not act like dudes in here aren’t completing harder modes in other video games or haven’t completed SM2 2+ times already :mjlol:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
What’s counting as filler. I’m 70+ hours in on chapter 9 and the only thing I count as filler might be the beach, but it would make sense there.

If it’s after chapter 9, I guess we’ll see.

I think they did really really good with the map and they have a lot of variety and different stories. I’m impressed.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol which is all I asked. I was wondering if it's mandatory on some "Finish some side quests until X happens" stuff like how in Spider-Man 2 there are some side quests you have to do to pass some downtime between the next major story mission.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Let’s not act like dudes in here aren’t completing harder modes in other video games or haven’t completed SM2 2+ times already :mjlol:
People are talking skippable in regards to what's required to beat the game. like in a single playthrough. You moved the goal post to talking about whats required to level grind high enough to beat the game on death march, not the same thing.
if you are level grinding you actually appreciate those side quests even more. because level grinding in the OG game required running in circles for hours to generate random battles.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
People are talking skippable in regards to what's required to beat the game. like in a single playthrough. You moved the goal post to talking about whats required to level grind high enough to beat the game on death march, not the same thing
I’m not moving goalposts at all when I’ve made my points about the game very clear. This isn’t a spoiler thread, so it’s only so much that can be said without going into spoiler territory.

You’re literally not going to be able to just skip content because you’ll need the AP points to level up materia and party level to update skill points.

Some of that open world shyt is definitely considered filler and it doesn’t help that the game insists on Chadley interrupting you at every turn.

Either some dudes are still early into the game or haven’t even played it as a lot of this shyt is fairly obvious to people who’ve played it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I don't believe anyone admonished being a completion any, so I'm not sure why this post has a defensive tone about it, lol. Cats was just saying that if you aren't longing for extras in the game, then you're fully able to do without them, if you wish, as most don't change the story much any. Being a completionist is just fine. I'd say that square put a considerable amount of solid extras here if you want to stay in this world longer, which is usually a good problem to have.

Last edited: