[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
After Chapter 8 i can say that Barret is one of the greatest Final Fantasy characters of all time :wow: this remake just brought out the best in him
it's a shame he's rated so low in the all-time FF character lists. He's truly one of the goat characters. But it's insane that a lot of the goat FF characters come from FF7

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got to Chapter 13, 60 some hrs in. Gonna do more side stuff before getting into the real endgame.

I liked Remake more overall. It feels like there's more filler in this, though it's still very good. The main story segments are probably just as good. Wish they condensed some of the side stuff though.

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
With Barret to back him up, Red XIII will wipe tf out of bosses :wow:

Casting Bravery and Darkside on him and then spamming Reaper Touch when his starts getting low is easy 9999+ damage for just 1 ATB bar (which is even more if you get the accessory that breaks the damage cap)

Barret makes him less likely to die with Lifesaver active, and can put Manawall on Red to further help with his defense.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got to Chapter 13, 60 some hrs in. Gonna do more side stuff before getting into the real endgame.

I liked Remake more overall. It feels like there's more filler in this, though it's still very good. The main story segments are probably just as good. Wish they condensed some of the side stuff though.
This is odd. They're literally the same game lol.

This "feels" like more filler to you probably because the OG game was much bigger once you left Midgar. It's just that since Remake was so linear, it may appear like less filler now that you're comparing it to this one but truth be told Remake as per other people had a lot of filler. Remember Midgar was barely 5 hours in the og game stretched to 40 hours.

Remake+Rebirth is the ultimate FF experience for me but Rebirth is overall a much larger game which for me feels like a huge adventure thus far.

Ask @Gizmo_Duck

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is odd. They're literally the same game lol.

This "feels" like more filler to you probably because the OG game was much bigger once you left Midgar. It's just that since Remake was so linear, it may appear like less filler now that you're comparing it to this one but truth be told Remake as per other people had a lot of filler. Remember Midgar was barely 5 hours in the og game stretched to 40 hours.

Remake+Rebirth is the ultimate FF experience for me but Rebirth is overall a much larger game which for me feels like a huge adventure thus far.

Ask @Gizmo_Duck
It's not necessarily the same game considering that Rebirth is more difficult (hard mode) compared to remake and it doesn't help that they've nerfed some things from the main game.

I'd rather have the linear experience of Remake than what we got during Rebirth, which is a lot of filler just to pad the game. If you don't believe me when I say that, look at the BattleSquare opponents and how they're essentially just repeats of each other.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not necessarily the same game considering that Rebirth is more difficult (hard mode) compared to remake and it doesn't help that they've nerfed some things from the main game.

I'd rather have the linear experience of Remake than what we got during Rebirth, which is a lot of filler just to pad the game. If you don't believe me when I say that, look at the BattleSquare opponents and how they're essentially just repeats of each other.
They're the same game in that it's not like it's a completely different game, it's just a continuation. I'm not talking about difficulty either, I've had no issues with the difficultly thus far.

Also, the idea of "filler" was the exact same talking points a lot of people made about Remake.

Linearity was also a critique from FFVII Remake. That's the problem with this game being split, it would create this weird fandom of "I liked the old one!/New one!" group. It's like COD in that there's always going to be a crowd that claims the last game was better than the new one.

The "filler" is mostly optional content which for the most part is fun(to me). I seriously think internet conversation about "filler" and other stuff over exaggerates minor things to sort of knock the game down a peg for some odd reason.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I have no idea what to do. My controller has the left drift shyt and it makes it impossible to do the piano minigame.

:martin::martin:

I can only manage to get As right now. Someone please tell me you don’t need the star for Platinum.

:snoop::snoop:
One of my controllers just started doing that and the other one doesn't have that problem but it's battery dies super quick. Annoying as hell

Dualsense controllers have been ass IMO

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
RD2F4Sf.png

People were complaining about "filler" in Remake along with it being too linear as if Midgar wasn't linear in the OG game.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This game is amazing.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

WAYYYYY more filler

Which is hard to believe since this game covers more of the original game than remake did

Remake added content that was more meaningful

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They're the same game in that it's not like it's a completely different game, it's just a continuation. I'm not talking about difficulty either, I've had no issues with the difficultly thus far.

Also, the idea of "filler" was the exact same talking points a lot of people made about Remake.

Linearity was also a critique from FFVII Remake. That's the problem with this game being split, it would create this weird fandom of "I liked the old one!/New one!" group. It's like COD in that there's always going to be a crowd that claims the last game was better than the new one.

The "filler" is mostly optional content which for the most part is fun(to me). I seriously think internet conversation about "filler" and other stuff over exaggerates minor things to sort of knock the game down a peg for some odd reason.
You and other posters keep saying that the filler is mostly optional content while intentionally not mentioning that a major plot point from the first game is literally hidden behind "filler" and the other one might as well been because you can turn it off after you beat the main game, which meant the story would have still played out the exact same. Not to mention some of that filler content literally prevents you from moving ahead in the main game.

If you want to tackle hard mode, then that "filler" content is definitely going to be required because it's a certain max level of skills you can hit without completing the hard mode "filler" content.

I got the plat from the first game and DLC even with the Jules challenge and have put 130 hours in this one so far, I'm well aware of what I'm talking about.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You and other posters keep saying that the filler is mostly optional content while intentionally not mentioning that a major plot point from the first game is literally hidden behind "filler" and the other one might as well been because you can turn it off after you beat the main game, which meant the story would have still played out the exact same. Not to mention some of that filler content literally prevents you from moving ahead in the main game.

If you want to tackle hard mode, then that "filler" content is definitely going to be required because it's a certain max level of skills you can hit without completing the hard mode "filler" content.

I got the plat from the first game and DLC even with the Jules challenge and have put 130 hours in this one so far, I'm well aware of what I'm talking about.
I actually liked the protorelic side quests, which is the one of the "filler" ones that hide the major plot point.
Its the character side quests, like picking flowers or picking mushrooms that really added nothing for me and i recommend skipping.
The mini games are fun to do depending on how seamless it's in incorporating in the story.

For example I do think remake did a better job of incorporating mini games into the story. The motorcycle mini game in remake was exciting change of pace with jesse and at the end of the game. The Honey bee inn dance mini game was hilarious. Neither one felt like filler or a distraction but part of the story. Doing the motorcycle chase in the golden saucer on the other hand wasn't really interesting. and i found no reason to ever play the piano or play cards in every town.

But The parade in rebirth was cool. and i enjoyed the chocobo race to free the gang. The dolphin mini felt great as a nod to the original too. but i didn't need to come back to do it or chocobo racing again for a meaningless side quest. Overall i like the gameplay variety in the main story, but didn't have a strong desire to distract myself with sidequests very much. If you play the game linear its a masterpiece. If you try to 100% its flaws show.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You guys keep harping on about filler yet so far in my 34 hour playthrough(I'm at the golden saucer), most of the "filler" I did was optional and the ones that weren't were barely a few minutes long. That's what I mean by you guys exaggerating. Like, hard mode is not a story beat so using it as a "if you want to do this" isn't a point because you don't need hard mode to see the story.

All I'm saying is the stuff you guys are complaining the most about where things that were naturally in the original game but now that the game is bigger as a result of modern day tech, you're complaining that there is a lot to do. I don't know what major plot point is hidden behind filler because I haven't gotten there yet. Either way, a few minutes to do a mini game or something isn't something I'm going to be like "Well the game was great but man that freaking sit up mini game was horrible! 6/10!!"

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You guys keep harping on about filler yet so far in my 34 hour playthrough(I'm at the golden saucer), most of the "filler" I did was optional and the ones that weren't were barely a few minutes long. That's what I mean by you guys exaggerating. Like, hard mode is not a story beat so using it as a "if you want to do this" isn't a point because you don't need hard mode to see the story.
Exactly my point :mjlol:

The posters who keep complaining about people mentioning the filler have barely even made it through the game to offer their valid opinion about it.