[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly my point :mjlol:

The posters who keep complaining about people mentioning the filler have barely even made it through the game to offer their valid opinion about it.
You were complaining about filler since the beginning of the game though. 34 hours in the game is not "barely into the game."

Costa Del Sol which was something i kept seeing you guys complain about was barely anything outside of a moped collecathon.

I'm basically saying, your critiques are weighing in on some minute to two long mini game and using that as some sort of reason to make as if the game isn't good and XVI or some past FF is way better. Like, had they not put anything like that in the game, complaints would've risen out of lack of things to do and the world being empty a-la FFXV or XVI with pointless loot.

I prefer they erred on the side of caution and stuff the game with mostly optional content than to make a husk of a game with hallways and empty overworlds just to have a short game.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You were complaining about filler since the beginning of the game though. Costa Del Sol which was something i kept seeing you guys complain about was barely anything outside of a moped collecathon.

I'm basically saying, your critiques are weighing in on some minute to two long mini game and using that as some sort of reason to make as if the game isn't good and XVI or some past FF is way better. Like, had they not put anything like that in the game, complaints would've risen out of lack of things to do and the world being empty a-la FFXV or XVI.
Where in any of my comments did I say that the game wasn't good? Giving my opinion and valid critiques about the game doesn't mean that I think the game is bad nor not good at all.

You're reminding me of some of those people on Reddit and Resetera that think that a game shouldn't immune from critique and criticism and anything said about it equates to negativity or that people think that the game is bad.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where in any of my comments did I say that the game wasn't good? Giving my opinion and valid critiques about the game doesn't mean that I think the game is bad nor not good at all.

You're reminding me of some of those people on Reddit and Resetera that think that a game shouldn't immune from critique and criticism and anything said about it equates to negativity or that people think that the game is bad.
I never said that, I was focusing mostly on the comments about filler content. I just so happened to respond to you because I notice most of your daps in this thread were dapping any post that was critiquing the game. I just find there's always a crowd that whenever a big game comes out that scores high, there's always these comments harping on some minuscule thing trying to make it as if the game is heavily flawed because elbows too sharp lol.

"Costa Del Sol FILLER!" when it's meant to be a breather that slows the story down for a little bit with mostly optional stuff.
Idk, I just find internet discussion around games to be largely negative around subjective things.

If you think I think a game is immune to critique, you should look up my posts about Uncharted 4's MP, a game that I would be one of the biggest stans for and a Sony exclusive.

Or my posts about FFXVI. I enjoyed FFXVI but complained about a lot of things.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Exactly my point :mjlol:

The posters who keep complaining about people mentioning the filler have barely even made it through the game to offer their valid opinion about it.
This nikka arguing and barely 1/4 through the game :dead:

This game has hours upon hours upon hours of filler :dead:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I never said that, I was focusing mostly on the comments about filler content. I just so happened to respond to you because I notice most of your daps in this thread were dapping any post that was critiquing the game. I just find there's always a crowd that whenever a big game comes out that scores high, there's always these comments harping on some minuscule thing trying to make it as if the game is heavily flawed because elbows too sharp lol.

"Costa Del Sol FILLER!" when it's meant to be a breather that slows the story down for a little bit with mostly optional stuff.
Idk, I just find internet discussion around games to be largely negative around subjective things.

If you think I think a game is immune to critique, you should look up my posts about Uncharted 4's MP, a game that I would be one of the biggest stans for and a Sony exclusive.

Or my posts about FFXVI. I enjoyed FFXVI but complained about a lot of things.
How about you progress through the game first and then try and tell what I'm wrong about :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This nikka arguing and barely 1/4 through the game :dead:

This game has hours upon hours upon hours of filler :dead:
1/4t of the way through the game you were complaining about filler.

Also, I said the game has "OPTIONAL" filler. Mostly optional filler.

You guys 34 hours in are making it seem like every single Chadley Intel, side quest and mini game is REQUIRED to progress the story.

Like, when I seen how much you guys were talking about Costa Del Sol being "a place I hated" and I got there and I'm like wtf are these guys talking about.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

Simple truth is that if what you're calling filler was not in the game, Square would be getting killed for being lazy/uncommitted to the original fans. People paid good money for a complete experience and they've provided.

You can critique what's here and have opinions about what should be done differently but this side content is more crucial to the game than you think even if you don't care for it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How about you progress through the game first and then try and tell what I'm wrong about :mjlol:
You have a reading comprehension problem breh.

You're telling me that I think the game has no filler.

I said that the "FILLER' is mostly optional.

Please tell me, 34 hours in how much of the content was MANDATORY in that you cannot progress the story unless you do something that was completely unrelated to the story just to progress and it was some long, arduous task?

I called you VoiceoftheXbots a long time ago for a reason. :russ:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You have a reading comprehension problem breh.

You're telling me that I think the game has no filler.

I said that the "FILLER' is mostly optional.

Please tell me, 34 hours in how much of the content was MANDATORY in that you cannot progress the story unless you do something that was completely unrelated to the story just to progress and it was some long, arduous task?

I called you VoiceoftheXbots a long time ago for a reason. :russ:
You haven't even made it halfway through the game yet, so again how can you say that :russ:

You're talking about 34 hours in, when I've put in 120 and can tell you way more positives and negatives about the game than you can.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Simple truth is that if what you're calling filler was not in the game, Square would be getting killed for being lazy/uncommitted to the original fans. People paid good money for a complete experience and they've provided.

You can critique what's here and have opinions about what should be done differently but this side content is more crucial to the game than you think even if you don't care for it
I'm saying though.

We LITERALLY had a AAA FF game last year that dropped that had legit issues(gameplay system being less JRPG like), lack of meaningful loot, tons of side quests that were crappy, boring towns with barley anything to do/see, nothing to do with the money.

Then we get a full fledged AAA FF game that fixes all of that with even more content and people are acting like the dolphin mini game is an issue.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You haven't even made it halfway through the game yet, so again how can you say that :russ:
So you're telling me there are SIDE QUESTS, Chadly/world intel and mini-games that are long and mandatory for the story to progress?

Like, the blue main quest marker will be blocked off until I complete a bunch of side quests and mini games that are difficult, long and boring?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
YES and you'll notice that as you get through the game.

There's a "optional" side quest that literally answers a question that happened in the main story.
I'll be the judge of that.

Thus far, I was expecting that Costa Del Sol would be "horrible" and I loved it.

From the way you guys said it, the Upper Junon portion of the game would've been considered worthless filler. It's like if you ain't fighting a major boss or Sephiroth then it's filler lol.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'll be the judge of that.

Thus far, I was told that Costa Del Sol was "horrible" and I loved it.
From the way you guys said it, the Upper Junon portion would've been considered worthless filler. It's like if you ain't fighting a boss or Sephiroth then it's filler lol.
You can be the judge of it all you want, but again I've put in more hours into the game than you and are well aware of what I'm talking about.