[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny how because y'all don't like something, that means somebody else is juelzing for explaining it. Stay in your bubble, bro.

it’s not about not liking it, we just said the voice change is crazy and jarring and you talking about it was the same in the original. The point is that it wasn’t there was no voice in the original. You talking about lines of texts having accent marks and honorifics like c’mon this ain’t the New York Times family

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Funny how because y'all don't like something, that means somebody else is juelzing for explaining it. Stay in your bubble, bro.
:dead:
The og literally wasn't voice acted. Therefore its impossible to tell via the dialog what the voices sounded like.
you can read a personality change fine. You had no idea what the voices would sound like.
At best you'd pick up on behavioral changes like most people picked up on Cloud actng different in the nibelheim flashback

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
A big theme of the original FFVII, and the new trilogy too, is identity. Cloud, Red XIII, and all the other main characters are lovable softies, the type to say “Let’s mosey”, but Sephiroth, Shinra, and the cruelty of their world stole their innocence and forced them all to put up shields, pretend they’re something they’re not.

Red XIII is literally and figuratively scarred,and puts on an act as a stoic, detached badass. But it’s important that it was always only just an act. He frames this as a desire to be taken seriously by the others, which is partially true. But he’s also a victim of horrific experiments and he believes his honor is stained because his father was a coward; of course he’s going to be desperate to play the gruff hero.

WTF are you talking about bro :russ:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
it’s not about not liking it, we just said the voice change is crazy and jarring and you talking about it was the same in the original. The point is that it wasn’t there was no voice in the original. You talking about lines of texts having accent marks and honorifics like c’mon this ain’t the New York Times family

Bugenhagen literally tells you in the OG that Red is a teenager by his species standards and that he puts on an act to act older than he really is. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.

People even pointed this voice change out before the game even came out TheGamer https://www.thegamer.com › final-f... Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Fans Think Red XIII Is Faking His Deep Voice

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bugenhagen literally tells you in the OG that Red is a teenager by his species standards and that he puts on an act to act older than he really is. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.

People even pointed this voice change out before the game even came out TheGamer https://www.thegamer.com › final-f... Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Fans Think Red XIII Is Faking His Deep Voice

Why would i read spoiler articles and that still doesn’t really explain what im talking about. You just don’t want to admit to an ill-timed “well, actually…”

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

They thought that based on spoilers from rebirth trailers. Not from playing the OG game :dead:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
:dead:
The og literally wasn't voice acted. Therefore its impossible to tell via the dialog what the voices sounded like.
you can read a personality change fine. You had no idea what the voices would sound like.
At best you'd pick up on behavioral changes like most people picked up on Cloud actng different in the nibelheim flashback
Not the point. The change in his dialect after Cosmo Canyon indicates a change, hence why the voice acting shows that now.

Y'all acting real obtuse now and it's funny to me. Anyways, people have already pointed this out before the game came out, so Imma let y'all talk in circles.

Peace :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not the point. The change in his dialect after Cosmo Canyon indicates a change, hence why the voice acting shows that now.

Y'all acting real obtuse now and it's funny to me. Anyways, people have already pointed this out before the game came out, so Imma let y'all talk in circles.

Peace :yeshrug:
Peace breh,

Take this L with you.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I hated Queen's Blood at first, but once the game started making me play it to advance and I had to learn the rules, it started to grow on me :ehh:

Still pretty sure I'm terrible at it though.

Funny thing is, I was completely ignoring it until I got to that tournament and the devs were like :ufdup: you gon learn this game
It’s so funny, they introduced that shyt and I was like “I’m not even gone fukk with this”

Then I learned the rules and started feeling it.

Now I be looking for folks to play, like I’m yugioh in this bytch.

I’d play queens blood online :ehh:

Last edited:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
:deadrose: i thought we ended this discussion hours ago.
Even the Japanese version of Rebirth shows the change. Do y'all really think y'all know more than directors of the game? :dead:

Let's be clear: It's fine if you don't like the voice, I never said you couldn't. I just pointed out that it didn't come out of nowhere.