[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The japanese version of the original….what :dahell:
I suspect he didn't even play the japanese release of the og version, and just ran with the article
but neverless, its some monday morning quarterbacking for them to be like i knew it! 30 years later when none of them suspected anything until it happened.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Like in theory you can have all your party members wear similar materia but since it levels up in battle it's more efficient to use the same ones. I think the OG game had the same thing to
The game does try and help solve the problem by giving more higher level materia via simulation as well as more level boost materia compared to the previous one.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Umm, you know the English version is translation of the Japanese one, right?

This is a tangent.

original comment is pertaining SPECIFICALLY to the drastic change in his voice, nothing more. Not story beats, not mannerisms or personality. This particular change that they could only accomplish with this iteration of the game is what we are talking about

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is there any reason to get gold in sidequests?

Just finished Junon a side quests and didn’t even realise you get gold on some but just a check mark on others?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had a super busy weekend.
Finally left Costa Del Sol last night.
The textures on the mountains are :why:

Some stuff looks great and then like literally RIGHT NEXT TO IT it can be really jarring/strange.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
:mjlol: at the dude behind the desk at the QB tournament that becomes a bigger Cloud stan every time Cloud wins a match.

At Casa De Sol, when Barrett said he was going to change clothes I thought he was gonna come out in beach gear, but when he pulled up with the sailor suit again I died laughing :russ:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
On Chapter 10 and about 68 hours in...the game is magic. They're slowly giving plot development but that's perfect because you pay more attention to the regions you visit. I've cleared every area except for chapter 9 because it's hell to navigate.

I loved Remake and I can't believe how much of a step up Rebirth is in every way. There are so few games that make interesting side content but this one pulls it off. There was a moment of open world fatigue around chapter 9. Not the game's fault though, I can go back if I feel like it.

For the people that complained about this not being one game you're tripping. No corners have been cut and these 2 games are unique experiences.

I'm only at chapter 9 but disagree on the side content.

This game has the same problem as Remake where the side quests are boring and just poorly written busy work. The fun combat is really the only redeeming factor when it comes to side quests.

Outside of Queens blood and fort condor, which are great, the rest of the mini games are pretty janky and poorly designed.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
In case you missed it, the article points out that Red's dialect changed after Cosmo Canyon in OG Japanese version.

Breh are you serious? None of us are weebs like you who also played the OG in Japanese to get more indepth knowledge of the player characters. We played in English when we were like 12, so it's safe to assume that none of us knew about the drastic change that clearly got lost in translation. I had no idea what you were talking about until I stumbled upon this video:

Very few people are going to notice this shyt in the English translation. You sound very dumb coming in here with your "oh, I'm sorry you plebeians are incapable of recognizing nuance *Hunter Hearst Helmsley.gif*" The fukk outta here :heh: