[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
damn… I really liked Red’s voice, it added balance and wisdom to the cast. Now he sounds like one of the new teenage mutant ninja turles :mjcry:

Hopefully once Vincent comes on it will balance back out the comic relief characters
This was in the OG though. He literally changes the way he speaks, because he is actually a teenager.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The OG was text. how did you know his voice changed?
☝️
In Japanese, he drops the honorifics. The English doesn't have that, so the change is indicated by how he talks more casual with the party.

Stop, there was no real way to tell his voice changed so drastically :stopitslime:

Also, its crazy how Caith Sith went from being one of my most hated characters (sorry Van and Quina is still number one and two) to one of my favorites :patrice:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
☝️

Stop, there was no real way to tell his voice changed so drastically :stopitslime:

Also, its crazy how Caith Sith went from being one of my most hated characters (sorry Van and Quina is still number one and two) to one of my favorites :patrice:
Sorry that you can't read and understand dialogue :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
One thing I don't like is having to swap out materia when the game decides to switch out party members. It's nitpicky but shyt.

Just spent 5 minutes taking everything from cloud and putting it on Aerith. The biggest issue is i still only have one magnify materia and thats essential for clearing out shyt mobs on the world map

Last edited:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like in theory you can have all your party members wear similar materia but since it levels up in battle it's more efficient to use the same ones. I think the OG game had the same thing to

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tell me I'm lying though :yeshrug:

you are. You can change your infliction and you might notice some change in demeanor but you cannot tell that he had a drastic change in his voice and with limited animations of The original and his short time in Advent Children it was impossible to see how great the change actually was. I’d be shocked if that wasn’t exactly what the directors were going for either

You’re welcome to post examples of the original change though since it was so obvious

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
you are. You can change your infliction and you might notice some change in demeanor but you cannot tell that he had a drastic change in his voice and with limited animations of The original and his short time in Advent Children it was impossible to see how great the change actually was. I’d be shocked if that wasn’t exactly what the directors were going for either

You’re welcome to post examples of the original change though since it was so obvious
A big theme of the original FFVII, and the new trilogy too, is identity. Cloud, Red XIII, and all the other main characters are lovable softies, the type to say “Let’s mosey”, but Sephiroth, Shinra, and the cruelty of their world stole their innocence and forced them all to put up shields, pretend they’re something they’re not.

Red XIII is literally and figuratively scarred,and puts on an act as a stoic, detached badass. But it’s important that it was always only just an act. He frames this as a desire to be taken seriously by the others, which is partially true. But he’s also a victim of horrific experiments and he believes his honor is stained because his father was a coward; of course he’s going to be desperate to play the gruff hero.