[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
People asking that question, must not understand how difficult it would be to have optional party members in a modern story driven cinematic rpg.
They would have to film different cutscenes and redo dialog branching off from that point through the remainder of the game. Even change up how certain boss fights work or if they even happen at all. Or just make it so the optional character has no direct impact of the outcome of any events going forward. In the og game you could basically just swap out a sprite and be done with it.
If they keep like the OG game in that a lot of the characters become useless towards the end, then that's not necessarily a bad thing.

With that being said, something is going to have to give for the next game as they have to do something about the non-used characters on the screen and how they're always either in the way during battles running off to the sidelines or essentially just in the background not doing anything at all.

It just looks goofy and it doesn't make sense from a storyline perspective.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If they keep like the OG game in that a lot of the characters become useless towards the end, then that's not necessarily a bad thing.

With that being said, something is going to have to give for the next game as they have to do something about the non-used characters on the screen and how they're always either in the way during battles running off to the sidelines or essentially just in the background not doing anything at all.

They should us to swap them in and out mid battle like you could do in FFX. Seemed like the all the elements needed to do that are already there.
I saw a clip of somebody using a synergy ability with a party memeber that wasn't in the current lineup. I think you have to have certain conditions.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They should us to swap them in and out mid battle like you could do in FFX. Seemed like the all the elements needed to do that are already there.
I saw a clip of somebody using a synergy ability with a party memeber that wasn't in the current lineup. I think you have to have certain conditions.
You can, one of the party members has to die for it to happen though and it's just a one time thing IIRC

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On Chapter 10 and about 68 hours in...the game is magic. They're slowly giving plot development but that's perfect because you pay more attention to the regions you visit. I've cleared every area except for chapter 9 because it's hell to navigate.

I loved Remake and I can't believe how much of a step up Rebirth is in every way. There are so few games that make interesting side content but this one pulls it off. There was a moment of open world fatigue around chapter 9. Not the game's fault though, I can go back if I feel like it.

For the people that complained about this not being one game you're tripping. No corners have been cut and these 2 games are unique experiences.
Yeah coming from FFXVI where I literally got so annoyed at seeing side quests I started to skip the majority of them after a few hours into the game. I hated even the way dialogue dragged before the side quest even started. In here, the world is beautiful and the characters interesting enough that I went for almost everything in every area when I first got there.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Yeah coming from FFXVI where I literally got so annoyed at seeing side quests I started to skip the majority of them after a few hours into the game. I hated even the way dialogue dragged before the side quest even started. In here, the world is beautiful and the characters interesting enough that I went for almost everything in every area when I first got there.

They've got the balance right where you can do as much or as little side shyt as you want, but the stuff you do try makes you understand what you're missing out on if you don't explore

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Bruh what was your strategy. I feel like I’ve tried everything and can’t beat him
I counter everything the computer does on their menu on the right by sending a troop to the opposite to go straight to their tower and just putting 1 green or blue to defend mine. When you get a chance to use a hero almost all of then have a AOE attack that can hit/kill all opposing enemies in that spot so once they pull out the strong units, pop that to kill those units quickly and then unload on the boss after the tower goes down.

Never focus on both sides, just pick a side and that's where the majority of your spawns should go, when it gives you a chance to spawn them close to their base, do it, dont make the units walk

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
People asking that question, must not understand how difficult it would be to have optional party members in a modern story driven cinematic rpg.
They would have to film different cutscenes and redo dialog branching off from that point through the remainder of the game. Even change up how certain boss fights work or if they even happen at all. Or just make it so the optional character has no direct impact of the outcome of any events going forward. In the og game you could basically just swap out a sprite and be done with it.
You act like it's a dumb question like a million ppl asked it already....they could of easily made you aquire him via side quest :stopitslime:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I hated Queen's Blood at first, but once the game started making me play it to advance and I had to learn the rules, it started to grow on me :ehh:

Still pretty sure I'm terrible at it though.

Funny thing is, I was completely ignoring it until I got to that tournament and the devs were like :ufdup: you gon learn this game

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

Well if that's the case you can already say this about Cid and Vincent then...by time you get them you got about 4 chapters left...fukk Is the point

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Barret is the best. The whole Dyne scene is just :mjcry:

Red's real voice is cute. He tried to act older but he's really just a teenage puppy/kitten and finally accepts his father :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
damn… I really liked Red’s voice, it added balance and wisdom to the cast. Now he sounds like one of the new teenage mutant ninja turles :mjcry:

Hopefully once Vincent comes on it will balance back out the comic relief characters